Well, we had a par-tay here yesterday! Tennyson turned six years old. He had 2 siblings, 8 cousins and four friends here, and it was wild. The boys did go outside (water balloons!) (the woods!) (the swingset!) intermittently, but when they were in here, the volume was...what? I cannot hear you?! The little girls were loud too, but they had princess dresses on. There weren't enough princess shoes though, so there were some fights.
Margaret made the cake and cupcakes, and brought the decorations. I made pulled pork, peeled potatoes, and made mashies, as T. wanted them with his corndogs and fries. The airfryer was humming as I made mini corn dogs, regular ones, fries, and chicken tenders. Margaret decorated and set out plates, got out chips and dips and veggies, ect. They ate, they watched as Tenny ripped open the gifts, so excited! They had cake, and they ran around.
It was over too soon, and tired mamas herded tired children who did NOT want to leave, out the door. Grandma here was sad when it was over, but, phew, the comfy chair with the feet up, yes mam.
It did take the better part of today to bring order back to the house, but I did do lots of laundry too. There were still some camping blankets, and a pipe leak in the bathroom caused a load of towels. (it's fixed, Paul is good at that!)
The crock pot soaked overnight, and is now all clean, the sink is empty, the floors cleaned and mopped. I am leaving in a few minutes to go with Mariel to watch Boo Boo, which is what we have taken to call Miss Kaia Jean.
I finished my book today too, The Daughters of Mars...it was heavy stuff, not a fluff book.
The sun is shining but I have not been outside except for to hang up a comforter and bring in some dry stuff. I have to bring Mr. Winnie out before I go with Mariel, he's a huge-0 Labrador, but very gentle (unless he finds a corn dog in the wrapping paper bag, don't try to take it from him!)
Ah well, have a really nice Saturday evening!

No comments:
Post a Comment