summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 19, 2011

aah, a new week....

Sometimes when I find myself complaining, I realize that, hey, I am ALIVE. When things seem like they go on and on, I remember that there WILL be an end someday. We don't get to live forever. Puts things in perspective.

Good way to start out a Monday post, right?

It is a good day. Cold and crisp and sunny. Paul is gone for the week, but he went with a co-worker so he left me the minivan, which Joseph drove to college today. Joseph's car, which he inherited from Abigail (who was so nice to pass it on instead of selling it for like a hundred bucks), is old. The driver's side door does not open from the outside. But it has only 60 something thousand miles on it, and it runs.

Anyway, enough Off On A Tangent, it is a good day. Camille is up and she hasn't stopped talking since she woke up. She seems to have realized she has no one to play with, and keeps saying so. She also noticed the kitten purrs, and is fascinated that it means he is happy. He was in her room cuddling with her as she played with her dolls. She is busy now with a whole bag of new-to-her shoes, sandals, and sneakers from her cousin Grace.

It's funny because each week seems like such a blank slate, and I think I will accomplish so much...then each day is SO crazy and busy and my head spins...yet by the weekend, I will be thinking the next week is a blank slate.

Finally, finally, finally, I ordered a new foot pedal for my sewing machine!!! I ordered one a while ago, it came, and it was the wrong one. Anyway, I bought one on ebay last night, and it should be coming in a few days. First project: a Rapunzel dress for the spoiled youngest child. Then perhaps I will see about replacing the valances and curtains around here. I get so sick of them after a while, and never find nice ones that I can afford. Actually, I rarely find nice ones that I can't afford, either.

I am the referee for my teenagers. They mostly get along and have great fun together, but then there are the times one borrows another's clothes, or hair dryer, or loses something that belongs to another, and they just rrr, the claws come out. I say Forgive Her, Say You're Sorry, Be Nice, Don't Return Evil For Evil, ECT. I hate it when there is fighting going on. I tell them it isn't fair for the little ones to hear it, they don't hear it from Dad and I. So they snarl softly.

In the morning.. there is so much going on in a short period of time...this morning, three college kids and five first trip kids were leaving at the same time...gathering their lunches from the 'fridge, getting breakfast...Aaron was the first in the car, honking for his sisters, which I am sure our older neighbors just love...one of the girls asked me my opinion on her footwear, I didn't think it looked nice, didn't mean to make her cry, she asked! I forgot the Golden Teenage Fashion Rule: lie. It didn't help that four other kids jumped and agreed with me though. So we all had to hear how this poor girl has NO SHOES. They all say this at one time or another, but if it is true, why are there three or four hundred pair over by the door?

Camille wants to go someplace today. I think we should stay home and get some work done. hmm.

No comments: