summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 19, 2011

do they possibly know how much I love them?

It gets busy here. Today, Camille and I made chocolate chip cookies, super yummy ones. She stirred the flour mixture, splashing it all over her chair and the table. Then she "killed the eggies", which means she got to stab them and mix them up. She also added the chocolate chips. We baked two pans, then headed in for our stories and naptime in my big comfy bed...I am so bad, I fell asleep before she did. I could feel her petting my face as I conked...she is a sweetie, she always tells me I am pretty, and that she loves me.

I didn't mean to really fall asleep, but who can resist a big comfy bed, snuggled up to Camille, with the fan on? An hour later I sneaked out and realized I had no idea what was for dinner. I took out a bag of frozen chicken, marinating in lemon pepper. Added to four cans of cream of celery soup, some frozen peas, a can of corn, and some potatoes...a quick and easy pot of soup on a rainy chilly afternoon, followed by cookies out of the oven. I was good, had only one cookie,...but I did have a few other tastes broken off other cookies, which I do know really count....I had two servings of the soup though, with very few potatoes in my bowl. It came out nice and yummy.

Anyways...homework and dinner and bedtime and stories and the printer wouldn't work well for Mali who hurt her leg running again, and there is Never a Dull Moment.

I sat here this evening and ate too many nuts, mixed roasted almonds/cashews/walnuts. They were yummy, and I should have just taken some and put the container away. But no, I had to eat them all up. rrr. All my discipline all day, and I go and do that.

Tomorrow we are going shopping. Camille told me she was going to be good and not ask for any toys. She will remind me every five minutes that she is indeed being good and not asking for anything. She really is a little sunshine.

Yes, I have much to be thankful for. But I still have a list of things I hate:

1. Homework. Poor Jonathan has four hours from the time he steps off the bus 'til the time he is tucked into bed, yet he has homework to do.

2. Days when I don't exercise. I went for my walk to day, but nothing else. I just couldn't make myself, didn't feel like it. blah.

3. Socks. Wearing them, washing them, matching them. blah.

4. When Paul goes away. Honestly, it is kind of nice to be the boss, yet I miss him, especially when the printer doesn't work for Mali.

5. Tearing school children away from their play for bedtime.

6. Waking school children up on cold mornings and sending them out the door.

Oh well...I am distracted...

1 comment:

Tereza said...

And all I can do is sigh reading this...ny heart is heavy tonight. Come by my blog later...I'd love your insight/imput/encouragement