summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, September 25, 2011

sunday, a day of rest...

Margaret - 14, Kathryn - 13, Evelyn - 12, and Suzanne, 10 and a half....can you guess which girl did NOT want her picture taken?
Soccer players...

Aaron didn't like me taking his picture...but he looks so cute with a stethoscope.

So...another busy day is almost over. I watched one soccer game today and sold lots of candy and ice cream and soda and water and Gatorade. It was great fun, especially seeing all the kids and babies. Our soccer team lost every single game yet again, but they had fun doing it. They did not score even one goal. poor kids.

Camille is busy tonight, she has a pink sparkly princess dress on, a crown on her head, and high heels on. She just went to the "hosabel" to get her baby girl out, she said. She bought a new stroller and took it with her, she said. She was, "walking carefully because of the baby in her tummy". If that doesn't make me want to have one more baby, I don't know what does. Oh, and Paul told me he gets two extra weeks off if we have another one, when it is born. blah and blah.

I had a dream last night that my mother texted me, "come see me."....it was unnerving, not that I am superstitious (just a little stitious, ha), but still. I miss her so much when there are church events like the soccer weekends because she loved seeing everyone so much. When she was too sick to go, she would ask me a million questions, so I still find myself making a mental file for her, who had a baby and who is engaged and the funny things the kids say and do at the candy store. (one little boy bought a pack of gum, then went behind the table and offered a piece to my sister Cheryl...)(and they come with their sticky pennies and their little purses and the little boys with their wallets, just so funny)

Well...these tired kids need stories and hugs and to be tucked in to bed. So does their mommy.

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Seeing the young people sing and/or play instruments in their groups was pretty nice, too! And how nice was the weather (just for us!) this weekend?? I'm so glad the team has fun anyway.. they're winners at that!