summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

love the rainy days....

rain rain rain. All day long. I love it. It makes it so cozy in here. I did not want to fulfill my promise to Camille, the one I stupidly made yesterday, when it sounded like a good idea to go to the school pool today. I tried a few times to talk her out of it, but she had her suit on from the word go this morning...so, I was nice.

The old ladies in the pool loved her. She was a sweetie pie. She doesn't take a break from talking for one minute, it's like she has my whole attention and isn't going to waste it.

We had long leisurely showers afterward, and drove home in the rain planning our afternoon. I sugggested soup for lunch, she suggested stories in my bed and naps afterward.

I made some cupcakes for dessert because Abigail is coming for dinner. I put chicken in the oven, I am making chicken and gravy and mashed potatoes, and veggies...

I usually make buttercream icing with a little bit of real butter, and shortening, and vanilla and milk. We are out of butter, so I used some peanutbutter instead, and substituted half and half for the milk. It is SO good. I licked off the spoon. Chocolate cupcakes with creamy peanutbutter frosting. How am I going to be able to resist after dinner?

Well, my little afternoon break is over...I have to tend to the dinner. My tea is gone, it is getting late. Evelyn took the two little princesses outside in the rain with their rainboots on. One little princess has been very bad this afternoon. She slapped Jon, she called Camille a, "Poopyhead." hmm.

Never a dull moment. And Martha, how far is too far?

1 comment:

Martha said...

You are not too, too far, unless I have small children who do not belong to me. Then "gallivanting" might be a little tough. Visiting is probably possible. :)