summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

who skipped school today?

Not Camille, she's too cool for school...I think she learns more here than the other kids are learning at school anyway...

Little Miss Taster


Miss Help Mommy Make Cookies...the candy stacked on the floor in the background is not for us, it is for our church soccer tournament weekend
Little Miss Ice Cream Cone Pajamas...she said she didn't have any dreams last night, because there were, "No pictures behind my eyes!"

Margaret Cheryl has a tummy ache. Sonja K. has a case of the I Know You Are Going Shoppings....so she didn't feel well as the bus was about to arrive. rrr. Now she is playing dollhouse with Camille and the kitten. Evelyn and her cousin Olivia are here, skipping out on a field trip.

My nursing school students are funny. Aaron looked at my arm yesterday afternoon and said to Mirielle, "Mom would need the Large Adult cuff." Excuse me? Mirielle said that I wouldn't. Thank you, Mirielle.

Today we are going shopping. Will we have fun? Will we get some coffee somewhere? Will we find bargains? Will I remember sensitive toothpaste for Mirielle, and hair stuff for Mali? Will I get everything we need for the Victory Grill this weekend? Will I come home refreshed and relaxed and ready to make dinner for these guys? ha.

Tomorrow night is the Town Board meeting, the neighbor has appealed the Board's decision, and wants to go ahead with his Mud Bog racing. Mud Bog racing in my back yard. He told the local paper he has room to park 500 cars. FIVE HUNDRED CARS, parked next to my yard. Yay. He already told me that if we continue to oppose him, he will cut down every single tree so we won't even have a sound or visual buffer. So we are dealing with a real gentleman here. I am trying to prepare some things to say...just what I love doing, talking in front of a crowd of people. But it must be done, we need to stand up for what we want. Paul is conveniently out of town, and my older kids do not want to go to this meeting. I don't blame them, but I have warned them that if they don't go and this gets approved, I WILL blame them. rrr.

I walked this morning, and ran a little bit too...it feels great. Too bad the pounds aren't falling off like I would like them too...must be the cookie dough that found its way into my mouth yesterday...blah...I have a huge plan, involving losing ten pounds a month....for like 8 months...but if NO pounds come off per week, my plan won't work. I need a personal trainer....and more discipline.

There are so many sad things in life. This morning while walking, I heard gunshots, very close by. (I question whether it is safe to walk these roads during hunting season). Before I knew what I was even thinking, I imagined the night my brother shot himself. I was not there, but my brother and sister-in-law heard the gunshot so closeby, then saw Billy's dog Shelly running to them with her leash attached to her collar...they KNEW something was wrong, Billy did not let go of that leash. Blah, the sadness came over me like a suffocation. My poor brother...Billy, why? And my poor brother Tom who found him...how can one get over something like that? Everytime I see him I just want to give him a hug. Time passes and things get better, but every once in a while, oh my goodness it seems impossible to get past these things.

Life is stranger than fiction, as they say. And sadder sometimes too. But today I shall strive to see the good things. And believe in God, my God who has called and chosen me...that He will send all things for my very best.

4 comments:

Tereza said...

My brother also shot himself. I'll never forget that phonecall.
Your last paragraph is how I want to take life today as well. One situation at a time!

Martha said...

I went to Ladies' Prayer this morning and you were on my heart. I prayed for you right around 9:30 am, that the Lord would be close to you today. See? He really does love you ever so much!

Martha said...

How does He do that?

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you, Martha! We know his eyes are on the righteous, and his ears attentive to our prayer...very comforting...