summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 5, 2012

called the dr...yay me.

He can't see me until next week, but I did call.

I actually took a nap this afternoon, I was so exhausted. I think pain takes alot out of me. Then I took a quick trip to the grocery store with Evelyn for all the things I didn't get yesterday, like green peppers and romaine and apples and grapefruit and bananas and spinach and grape juice and burger and chicken...some special mousse for her curly hair, which I had a coupon for...

Home to make meatballs for dinner. I had canned green beans with sauce and meatballs. And salad with cucumbers and black olives and green peppers, no dressing. Then I made cookies. Chocolate chocolate chip, and chocolate chocolate chip with coconut. I only had one, the coconut kind. I didn't bake them all, just put the dough in the 'fridge. I wish the kids would eat them all up, because yum!

I am trying desperately to get back on track with the weight loss. But today I just couldn't bring myself to exercise. I was too tired. Hopefully tomorrow!

The thing is, it takes so long to see results! I have come to this standstill, yet I am alive and kicking and craving chocolate. I cannot have it. I do not want to gain the weight back. I want to lose more. I want to ride that bike with Jonathan. I want to run. I want to feel good. So I will suffer, I will deny myself. It feels free and good when I overcome my cravings, when I walk away, when I say NO.

Question: anyone just have only one gallbladder attack? Allison, you didn't ever have a second one? Hmm. I would like that very much. All day I found myself expecting the pain to come sneaking back...

3 comments:

mom of 7 said...

The first attack I had was bad and I went to the E.R. After that I stayed away from fatty foods and spicy foods and didnt have another attack until the night before my surgery when I wasnt so careful watching what I ate. Hope you dont have another attack, glad you called the doctor
Rachel

16 blessings'mom said...

Rachel, I am glad I called too. I just always have this fear the dr. is going to check me out and say I am fine, why did I come in?

Allison said...

Della, I only ever had the one supposed gallstone attack, which now that I think about it, is strange because I did not stop eating those types of greasy foods for years afterwards (until recently ;) ) Chocolate is my worst conspirator! Constantly beckoning me with it's deliciousness... I want to run and ride bikes with Meghan too! :)