summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 30, 2012

um, excuse me?

Camille has full and total use of Jonathan's new scooter today, as she is the ONLY child home, and the weight limit on the scooter is 143 pounds, so I cannot get on it. Anyway, she doesn't quite steer it so well...and she just said, "This freakin' scooter won't go right!" I do not like that word, but it is everywhere, including in my older kids' mouths.

Paul is home. He went to visit Benjamin and Ashley while he was out west! He was in Oregon, so he just drove to Washington, it was three and a half hours each way. I am SO glad he went though.

It is nice to have him home, except for that I don't have the bed all to myself and I can't just read all night. And I have to back the vehicles into the driveway because he thinks that is smart to do in the winter so they don't get stuck backing out, which is smart, but still.

He came home very happy and all encouraged and fired up to be faithful in the daily life, happy from being with such good friends.

Tired, but happy.

I went to pick him up from the airport right in the middle of Downton Abbey, rrr, and it was terribly snowy out there. I do not like driving in the snow.

Okay....weight loss. ha. ha ha ha. I am in maintenance mode, and I am not done losing weight yet! I call this a "diet" out of defiance for the seemingly more currently favorable term, "lifestyle change", but it really IS a lifestyle change. Because I have changed my life - I exercise almost every day, do not pig out on cookies anymore, if I have any, it is just one. I stay away from breads and pastas and eat much smaller portions. So yay...except for that my body is nice and happy and comfy with the amount I am eating. And I am not finished losing weight yet! I still have a long way to go! I know I need to kick up the exercise a notch, and keep my hot little hand out of the chocolate chip bag...blah. I will not give up though! It is possible, and somehow I will figure it out.

I will say this though: I am getting SICK and TIRED of losing and gaining the same few pounds, this has been going on for weeks now. blah.

I had to get up at 6:15 this morning to drive Joseph over to my sister's house so he could catch a ride to work with my niece Claire. I shoveled a path across the deck and down the driveway, then shoveled out the end of the driveway. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I did not use proper shoveling technique, and my back is very tender, not smart.

If I wash those dishes and put that huge pile of bedding through the wash, will anyone thank me profusely? What if I also sweep these floors that I swept yesterday, and perhaps mop again?

If I exercise again this morning, will it make me lose one lousy ounce?

If I say NO to picking at the giant cookie pizza all decorated with candy that Camille made at Activity Club at church yesterday, will I get a prize?

Sometimes I feel like I just want to give up and eat a stack of cookies, crawl in bed and ignore all the stuff I have to do, and read a book.

Why do I always have to be the peacemaker and the one to humble myself, the mature one who doesn't answer harshly...why can't I just stomp off to MY room and slam the door and let everyone else take care of everything?

Because I am The Mom. This is my job. I am in it for the long haul, there is Giving My Two Week Notice, no I am in the middle of a huge never-ending job. Rewarding, yes, but honestly, sometimes so tiring. I am thankful that God gives wisdom to those who ask, and He strengthens the bruised and wavering reed.

That is the biggest mystery to me, how anyone can function without God's leading. When I am asked, "how do you DO it?" I think, "How do YOU DO IT, without God!!!?"

Okay...just got the call from the dr. office about my horrible gallbladder function test...the result: go see a surgeon. Ah, life is never dull.

2 comments:

noelle said...

You can go to the PBS website and watch the parts of Downton Abbey that you missed. That's what I've been doing. I love that show.

Have you tried Weight Watchers? I lost 45 pounds with their program. I went from a size 18 to a size 8. I love it. It's a good balanced plan. You do have to weigh in every week, but it's pretty private. And it's nice to sit in a room for 30 minutes with a bunch of others who would love to dive into a stack of cookies, too.

You inspire me with the love you have for your husband, the patience you seek to have with your children. I only have 6 babies, 6-16 now, and I can only imagine what a day in your life is like. I would prefer babies over teens, like you sometimes seem to, but there are moments with those teens that are pure joy too!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

you might need to up your calories. I know it sounds crazy, but usually when you stop loosing and you are exercising daily, somtimes adding 100 calories or so back into your diet helps. You are doing great.