summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 14, 2012

coziest of days

What could be more cozy that a 15 degree winter day in a warm house with lots of kids? Add in two lasagnas baking in the oven, and snow falling outside, and yes, it is nice.

Abigail did not go to the Carrier Dome today to work concessions, Paul and Mirielle and Joseph and Aaron went. Abigail has a bad knee, so she is taking a break from working at the Dome. So she decided to make us some lasagna. It is starting to smell yummy in here.

So everything is good. No trials here at all, ha. No teenagers who think they know everything, and the house is spotless. No kids with too much energy.

Tomorrow is the baby shower for my niece Katie. The newborn twins will be there, and I want to hold them.

I cannot for the life of me think of anything interesting to say. I do know that life is interesting, there is never a shortage of sin to see in myself. I am wondering what the story is with my gallbladder, I am feeling lots of twinges of pain lately, and am dreading another attack. I am dreading what the doctor will say, no matter how "easy" the new surgeries are, it is still Hospital and still Surgery. And what if the dr. says everything is fine and I know it isn't? Blah, all the "what-ifs".....Now there is nothing wrong in all this except for when it leads to anxiety...the thoughts that go farther than they need to, the worry that kicks in. I tell myself to just drop it, to cross the bridges when I come to them. God has not given a spirit of fear, as it is written in Timothy. So here I am, just Wanting To Know. Yet having to wait.

Christina is in my thoughts and prayers very much these last days, her sonogram showed no heartbeats in those identical twins. I do not know her In Real Life, yet I know her, and I feel so bad for her right now. As much as we trust God in sending the babies, it is still real and painful and sorrowful to lose them. I am praying for her that she takes time to grieve and heal and that she is not afraid to cry.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Never be afraid to cry, especially when your heart is broken.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I always love reading your blog. I hope that all is going well.....I might have to try your warm your heart thing.....I am having MAJOR end of deployment blues.