summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

random stuff....

Wait, is it ever anything else? I had big plans today, blah, and they fell through. Camille and I were going to go with Kim (my sis-in-law) and her four year old son Sean to visit her daughter-in-law Allison and her daughter Meg. Kim texted that she doesn't feel well, so we are canceling. Camille doesn't know yet, she was so very excited. She doesn't go to very many people's houses.

As I sit here in my comfy chair and survey the damage, I wonder what I could do differently. The kids have left for school, and there is a trail. In days gone by, Before Blogging, I would have been zipping around and cleaning up first thing. Now, I sit here and type, knowing I have work to do. But I don't care, writing here helps me immensely. Helps me put things in perspective.

Imagine my surprise and delight to find out that Joseph did not have to go to work today, after dragging my lazy rear out of bed a half hour earlier than I otherwise needed to be up. I couldn't go back to bed, I had already gotten dressed and taken Rosie out. So I was nice and made French Toast for the kids' breakfast.

Bicker bicker bicker. These girls of mine, they can't resist getting in the last word. I stand there in my striped shirt with my whistle, saying things like, "Evelyn, just drop it. Margaret, don't answer that. Suzanne, don't get so mad, she didn't mean it." I tell them how much better it is to just be quiet than argue, how blessed it is to be a peacemaker (plus that peacemakers are the children of God),
but they still bicker. I tell them it does not matter if one is right or wrong, why try so hard to prove you are right? Who cares? Isn't it better to drop it and have peace?

So I have to go see a surgeon on Thursday. I do not know if he will recommend the removal of the gallbladder or not, but most likely. I realized that this means another setback in my Great Getting Into Shape Plan. I picture myself not being able to exercise, and eating too much...blah. But I am not going to be so negative, one day at a time here, I will not paint the whole future black. (although I have read many accounts of weight gain after this surgery. Dang!)

Sonja K. did not make it to school this fine morning. She has been wanting to stay home, I knew this was coming. Yesterday she dawdled and grumbled, and barely made it out the door, saying at the last minute before the bus came that her tummy hurt. Well, she had just eaten two bowls of Special K with Berries, she was NOT sick. So fast forward to today....same thing. All dressed and ready, and, "Mommy, I really don't feel well..." Fine, I said, go back to bed. Why did I give in today? Because I think she needs a day with me. Why would she want to stay home so badly? And that is the reason, yes I do realize, that she pulls this nonsense, because IT WORKS!

Instead of my usual oatmeal with peanutbutter this morning, I had blueberries and wholegrain French Toast. I microwaved the frozen berries, added a sprinkle of sugar, then added the French Toast on top. It was like a piece of blueberry pie.

Well...I am not able to concentrate anymore on this masterpiece of writing ...Mirielle is getting ready to leave for college, and we are chatting...

3 comments:

Allison said...

awww, we missed everyone today! meghan and dylan were excited to get to play with some new friends. i'm sure camille and sean would've loved it too! and i of course wanted to see the adults ;) we can't wait to reschedule!

jeanninewakefield said...

If he does say you need surgery you will feel so much better once in is done. I had my gall bladder removed laproscopicly and it was a piece of cake. There was some pain but nothing like the pain from a gall bladder attack.
Good luck.

16 blessings'mom said...

Allison, Camille woke up with a rash on her face yesterday. No other symptoms, I called the dr. and was told to just watch for fever or rash spreading, didn't happen. But I couldn't have brought her over not knowing if she was contagious or maybe had strep or something. But we shall try again. Jeannine, glad to hear it was a piece of cake! I have read too much online about slow recoveries, blah.