summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 23, 2012

happiness is...

Cuddling Camille

Chatting with the college kids as they grab some breakfast and head out the door
(and, Aaron (20) showed me what he got Mirielle(21) for her birthday. He is such a nice kid to get his sister a present!

Being greeted by a purring Kitty Kitten in the morning. Kitty Kitten who already has food and water, just wants to be picked up and petted.

The way Rosie is ALWAYS so happy for a pat on the head.

Aaron took the trash out this morning without being asked, without me making any suggestions.

Watching Downton Abby with Paul and Mirielle and Evelyn and Suzanne last night.

Reading Allison's blog - she is so very encouraging!

Yesterday in the van on the way home from church, Paul asked Camille if she wanted a baby brother or sister, because she had held both twins, Sebastian and Linnea. The older kids in the van took this question as if Daddy was hinting at something, and they got all excited. This made me happy because of two things. One, Paul would LOVE to have another baby, he loved seeing Camille beaming holding those babies. Two, the kids' reactions...they would love another one too. It made me a tiny bit hopeful that perhaps it will miraculously happen. Even if it doesn't, it is nice everyone here has that respect and appreciation for life.

Talking to my sister. She is not only the funniest person I know, I can have fellowship with her. She knows that all things happen for her best, and no matter what, she seeks to please God in her trials. After a conversation with her, I know that I am not alone, and I am usually laughing my head off about something.

Mild weather in January. I have to go to the store, yet again, and it is only rainy because it is like forty degrees out.

Happiness is also that feeling of richness that comes with bringing lots of good stuff home from the store. I love having lots of apples and bananas and grapefruit and plenty of milk and bread...

Knowing what's for dinner is also very nice, but unfortunately today I have no clue yet.

Happiness is also knowing how to make good pizza. When the kids all thank me and praise the pizza, oh it is nice. Evelyn helped me make the Buffalo chicken pizza, she shredded the chicken breast and put it in the butter and hot sauce...I mixed some hot sauce with the pizza sauce, covered it with mozzarella cheese, then spread the chicken on top. I also added some chopped red onion. Yum. We also had a pepperoni pizza, a veggie pizza (green peppers, red onions, black olives), and an everything pizza (veggies plus pepperoni and bacon). We also had celery and baby carrots.

I have stew beef in the freezer, perhaps I will thaw that and make a nice beef stew.

Camille and I are going to get dressed and head to the store, I am also out of blueberries for my oatmeal. I am spoiled, yes.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Your pizzas always sound so yummy and I don't even like pizza! I make my own crust too, could you post your recipe? My husband is a pizza lover and I like trying new recipes for him. Thanks!

Tereza said...

you make me smile:) One day I will grow up and be like you!!! honestly...you encourage me!!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

can I com to your house? Seriousl all that is going on in my house is crying crying and more crying. Oh yeah, some screaming and hair pulling and dumping out of toys, and sensory buckets of rice. And puzzle pieces galore.....I am screaming too. I want to sit down with you, have a nice cup of coffee, and go on a nice long walk with Rosie, PLEASE???

16 blessings'mom said...

My pizza crust recipe? Ha. Let's see, if it was one from the Buy One get 3 Free sale it was from the freezer...thaw it on the counter, then roll with rolling pin and flour, put lots of olive oil on the pizza pan, and there you have it. I like to rise them before rolling, but that doesn't always happen and it is still good. Mirielle has made pizza crust in the Kitchenaid before, but I always just buy it. Even the Walmart stuff for 89 cents is decent. It is cheaper to make it from scratch, and probably tastier, but I am just not there yet. I am afraid of yeast, I guess. Cindy...is it quiet there yet? We never have screaming here, it is not allowed. ha. Hope you are hanging in there. It is tricky to find quiet because if you stay up too late you will be too tired, and who in their right mind gets up out of bed earlier than they absolutely have to, for quiet time or any other reason? Not me.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I have quiet right now. I got inspired by you and dragged my depressed butt out of the house and went to the gym today. 1 hour of a cardio class! I thought that I was going to die....oh yeah and subway for lunch.