summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 1, 2013

a rainy day at the children's museum

Evelyn 13, Suzanne 12, Sonja 11, Jonathan 9, Charlotte Claire 7, and Miss Camille 5.


Camille and Sonja...



The Princess Camille...


This one's from the other day....Suri is the nicest puppy-do




Kitty on a pile of stuffed animals...

The hilarious thing about this is: Abigail does not like cats. She "tolerates" them. But Kitty see someone sitting down, and he starts purring and hones in on them. He climbed into Abigail's lap, and she didn't mind.

Suri with her pretty pink pearls...

Evelyn loves her Suri pup.

So this rainy day was spent wisely. The Children's museum is always fun. Today I drove the minivan with the six youngest kids. We took the adventurous way home, and found a Chinese buffet, which was NOT my vote, but I gave in. Yuck. It was not very good. I skipped the ice cream and the yummy looking donuts, all fried up and sugared. I had a tiny taste of Evelyn's. I had black pepper chicken and some broccoli, but I still feel blah, too much fat, too much grease.

On to the dollar store, which is always fun with lots of kids. The little girls wanted fake flowers. Then they wanted plastic swords. Then Camille found a bag of like a thousand little shiny stones and trinkets, to build fairy houses with. Charlotte Claire didn't know what to get, and ended up with a plastic baton with streamers. The other girls found sunglasses and some sour candies. I got them some camping snacks for their trip with Emily. She is taking Kathryn, Evelyn, and Suzanne, tomorrow through Thursday.

Anyway, taking all those silly kids into the dollar store is always a treat. They tried on hats and they pretend asked for things like giant hats and old lady sandals and 2009 beach t-shirts.

We are home now and tired. Evelyn is busy packing for the camping trip, and I should get out of my comfy chair and help her. The kids are happily tired....we had a really good day.








































No comments: