summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 26, 2013

perfect American family....

Paul and I and our two children went out for ice cream after dinner tonight. Yeah, I know. i had one. A "kiddie-cone". It wasn't very small, either. I wasn't going to get one, but...at the last minute, I thought What The Heck, A Kiddie-Cone Can't Be Too Bad. Oh dear me.

Anyway. Our kids are here and there and everywhere. So it was just Paul and I, and the two little girls. We went to Gramma's house for a visit, the girls sat quietly and watched cartoons while we chatted. They took turns snuggling with me, they seem to enjoy having us all to theirselves. It sure is strange. There were a few Mennonite families at the ice cream place with lots of kids, and I wanted to shout over to them that I also have lots of kids!

The house is quiet. Aaron, my Registered Nurse son, has to work tomorrow at the hospital, so he is in bed. Joseph is in his room, either drawing or playing his guitar. Sam went to his friend's house, Jonathan is with Abigail, Sonja at her sleepover, and the girls all camping. So it is quiet. Don't worry though, Paul and I don't mind too much:)....

3 comments:

Tereza said...

You guys musta looked so cute:) tiny family compared to what you are used to! Enjoy your quiet evening... Only 4 kids home here tonight

The Moxley Family said...

I bet it was strange only being out with two. Enjoy the quiet for a few hours while it lasts!

Martha said...

We went out for ice cream tonight. We took our two youngest with us, but they're hardly little anymore. Nate and Sabrina met us there. I had a "baby" cone. (Yeah, right!) Those baby cones are plenty big enough.