summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

going going going gone...

Since I am nice, I am bringing Kathryn 15, Evelyn 13, Suzanne 12, and Sonja 11, along with me today. We are taking Ashley to the airport a few hours south of here, so she can fly back home to Washington. We are leaving a little bit early so we can have some fun....

It is hot hot hot here in central New York state. 95+ today. Humid. I walked down the hilly road this fine morning, and sweat poured from my forehead into my eyes, glistened on my arms, soaked my shirt. I felt like I was really working out, not just taking a brisk walk.

The kids got to sleep in the living room last night, the four youngest. Their rooms are just so hot, and the living room is air conditioned. They are a bit tired this morn, but they are slowly turning more nocturnal, sleeping in later in the morning. Summer is working it's magic!

I have lots more to say but no time to say it, as I need to go take a shower and get out the door with my girls....

1 comment:

mommeeof10 said...

We have window ac's in almost every room. Several of us have allergies and allergy induced asthma. If we leave the window's open, we end up waking up coughing frequently all night or start wheezing.

A few of my kids still like to sleep in the living room in the summer. Probably because their big brother snores loudly. I wonder if he has sleep apnea like my husband.