summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, July 4, 2013

happy 4th of july!


Sometimes I am happy. Things go well, life is good, I am happy. Other times it doesn't come so naturally. I find myself disappointed, frustrated, or just plain sick and tired of stuff. But when I realize my thoughts are going the wrong way, I say, "Okay, God, what do you want to show me?" It is so easy to tell other people to just be thankful for what they have, and to take all things from God's hand, and learn to be patient. But MY trials are SO much more difficult! ha.

Anyway, this backyard pool - we didn't get enough sand. The sand is banked only around about half of it. And guess what? One cannot go get more sand on the 4th of July. It is a holiday. So. The pool sits there, and we can't work on it.

My girls are back from camping. They brought in their leftover food and their dishes and their stuff...and I was trying to clean up the house. It feels like I am paddling against the current here.

The sun is out again after a nice rain shower, and it is like a sauna. Temperatures in the high 80's, very humid. We should put our a.c. units in the kitchen and living room windows, poor pregnant Ashley is going to suffocate in here.

Emily, Abigail, and Margaret went to work at the baseball stadium carnival today. Paul and I will be working at the game tomorrow, which is one of the things that makes me sad. Ben is coming in at almost midnight tonight, then I will be gone tomorrow night. So we are planning a cook-out Saturday, but Mali has to work. She doesn't work tomorrow, but Emily does. Getting us all together on the same day is challenging....

Oh the details of life. Has there ever been anyone on earth who has had every single thing line up perfectly all the time? Nope. That's why I am extremely thankful that I know that God causes all things to work for the good for those who love Him. I can't always change my circumstances, but I can always change my attitude:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you feeling better from the other day?

16 blessings'mom said...

A bit. Strangely tired. Maybe hormones, I am thinking. Thank you for asking...:)

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should do a blood test just to check for an imbalance of hormones, low iron etc. With your changed diet you might accidentally be missing something and the lack of that might make you so tired. Mind you I think just your busy life is tiring enough ;) Enjoy your Benjamin!