summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

headache!!!

It started small. I ignored it. You would think I would have learned by now, not to ignore the headache. By the time I took the first two ibuprofen, it was a pounder. I took the second two because I was almost going to throw up. It is now a duller roar, but it is still there. I am sitting in my comfy chair in the air conditioned living room, while the four youngest settle in to sleep. Their rooms are too hot for sleeping on this fine muggy night. I dread going into my furnace of a room, so I am procrastinating a little bit. Besides, I have to talk to some of my girls who are still out at a going-away gathering for my niece, who is going to Australia for a year. My computer has some new issues, thanks to me setting it down on the floor in front of my chair when Paul called me from Louisiana this evening. Apparently, Jonathan somehow dropped his heavy metal Tonka crane on it. Now the key between the "z" and the "c" doesn't work. Also, the enter key seems broken. Random. So that means no new paragraphs for me. The space bar takes too long. rrr. Sonja and Jonathan...they keep pecking at each other. Snipping. I tell them to Stop It, they blame the other one. My head is pounding, I threatened to send them to their rooms if they say another word, but all they seem to hear is that they really need to get in the last snip. And I thought I waited long enough to sit and rela....remember, that key is broken so I can't finish my favorite word. Tomorrow I am hoping to go in the new pool for the first time. Aaron assembled the new ladder today, and the water finally got high enough to run the filter. The water is still not sparkling clean, but I have put chlorine in, and with the filter running, it should clean up pretty quickly. Ugh, it is the middle of the summer already! But I shall not complain. I don't remember if I wrote about this yesterday, but there was a man at the state park who made me happy. He was about 30 years old, and in a wheelchair. The chair was customized in a home-made sort of way, with colorful armpads, which suggested it was a permanent place for this man to reside. Not just a temporary injury. So when he wheeled up with his family members, I felt sorry for him. It was a broiling hot day, and he wasn't going in that water. He was just watching. So I felt bad for him. Then I realized he was looking straight at me....when I turned his way, I was greeted with a huge genuine smile, so I smiled back. He asked if he was encroaching on our picnic spot, and I assured him he was fine. Then one of the teenagers with him ran up from the water with an overflowing cup, and dumped it right over his head. He smiled at that boy, and said, "Thank you so much, that feel great!" He was a happy man. A thankful man. There is so much to be thankful for....he really put me to shame, me who was so hot and bothered. well, my "w" works, but not capitalized. hmm. My computer is dying! Again! This is the one that didn't start up for a while but does again. It is the one that needs a new battery so badly that if it is jarred the least little bit when plugged in, it will shut down. But it is better than trying to share Paul's laptop with the teenagers:) Kitty kitten is trying to attack my hands as I type. Suri is sleeping with Camille on the floor. She loves living room sleepovers! She just can't decide who to sleep with! So she changes spots every little while.... Sometimes I feel like I have no control over my life. Like I just do what needs to be done for everyone, and if there is time when I am through with everyone else, I maybe do something I want to do. Driving here and there and everywhere, picking up Evelyn's flute from the music store, stopping at the store for more milk and fruit, taking kids to appointments and getting oil changes and running errands. Then fitting in everything else when I am home. phew. But I love summer....

2 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I just took Katelyns flute to te store......$200 later :::sigh:::: picked it on on our way home from vacation.

Your story about the man pulled at my heart ;-) Thank you.

Miss chatting, must talk soon!

Anonymous said...

I get that, the not feeling in control of your life. But then I also think it is my fault because if I am not in control of my life, who is. It is up to me to schedule in some Me time not to wait for someone to say "hey, why don't you go for a lay down and read your book for a couple of hours and I'll bring you a coffee" haha, it ain't going to happen ;)

How's your head today?