summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 29, 2013

no time to blog these days....

This morning I was out the door with less than a half a cup of coffee in me, my breakfast gulped down with nary a walk down the road under my considerable sized belt. I had to pick up Abigail and take her to the surgeon to get her staples out. Um, good thing I was sitting down. It wasn't too bad, but...um, not very nice, either. snip snip snip. Just a small part of the incision is gaping a bit, Abigail, so I am taping it up for you, the nice doctor said. ugh. I guess I know what I don't want to be when I grow up.

anyway. Abigail has hurt her shoulder lifting up that heavy leg with the immobilizer on it, so she had to get a prescription filled for that on the way home.

She was settled back in at home and I started in on my day...I washed clothes and started packing for our church summer conference. Then Joseph....his eye was all red and swollen, the clear part mis-shapen, it looked yuck. Great. He called the opthomologist, and had an appointment for in just a few hours. And...he couldn't very well drive there himself. So off I went again.

Dr. said it was an allergy, gave him stuff to put in it. I waited in that waiting room for two hours watching hgtv, which was very entertaining. These two brothers helped people fix up their poor pitiful homes for a relatively small chunk of change, then find a new one. Houses in the five hundred thousand dollar range. They "needed" these huge houses! But it was better than reading People magazine. Anyway. Joseph needed a new sketch pad, so we went to the craft store. He picked on out and was done....but I found some spring candles for 80% off the clearance price, so what if there were only three in the four-pack? $1.40! And so pretty! I got a wreath for five bucks, and some stationary for the girls. And an impulse buy....a Hershey's milk chocolate bar with almonds from the counter near the register. Oh heavenly goodness. Joseph declined, he eats so healthy now, probably fasting or something. I ate a few squares and had him put it in the glove compartment. I told him it is one of my few fatal flaws, my attraction to chocolate and the lack of ability to resist it's allure.

Anyway. Walmart, where we met up with my son Samuel, who was out celebrating his friend's birthday with a visit to the Chinese buffet, then a trip to the store. He decided to ride home with us, so I gave him the rest of the chocolate:) In Walmart we got a cantaloupe and some bananas and peaches and carrots,(have to balance out that chocolate!) the medicine for Joseph, and a few clearanced beach towels. We can simply never have enough towels here. New shiny towels make me happy!

Anyway. Home again. Mirielle and Margaret and Evelyn had prepared dinner for the kids here.

More laundry, kitchen clean up, talked to Paul on the phone, Paul who is in Louisiana for the third time in the last few months. He comes home on Friday, then leaves again to go to Germany for the last two weeks of August, which is No Fair.

So here I sit in my comfy chair for the first time today, at almost eleven at night. I am not exactly super busy these days, but when the kids are all up and around, I can't very well sit here and write.

Tomorrow, I plan to do something fun with the little ones again. Maybe a fun park or beach.

Today I thought the world was ending. Abigail and I had some banking to do. I was helping her out of the car when the manager of the bank stopped us and let us know that the whole internet/system was "down", and there was no use going into the bank. All of the branches, he said, not just this one. hmm. We had no internet, our phone was doing strange things....hmm. But here we are, not the end of the world yet.

Here is a sad thing: My brother had a sheepdog named Oreo. Oreo was our sheepdog Rosie's brother. He slipped out of his collar and ran into the road and was killed by a car on Friday morning. Now, Oreo was far from the model dog. He had some of the same snapping tendencies as his sister, and was stubborn, and a car chaser when loose, which he rarely was because...well, he was a car chaser. But still,he was a handsome boy, it is very sad. I feel so very bad for my brother, who found Oreo beside the road and had to bury him....

Pets...can't live with them, can't live without them. Our sweet little kitty discovered he likes to poop on the stairs instead of in the litter box. He also likes to pee on the rug near the door. If you have never smelled cat pee, consider yourself lucky. Here I try to keep the house so clean and the cat goes and pees there and yuck. I put him in the litter box continuously, he sometimes stays there and pees or poops, but still has these "accidents". He didn't do this at all for the first month we had him! No Fair! So this morning, as I was hurrying to leave to pick up Abigail, I had to clean up a pile on the stairs, then pick up the garbage that a Bad Puppy had gotten into. Plus, they had to be fed and watered, and that Bad Puppy had to be taken out. Oh, and Bad Puppy had peed in the hallway, which she rarely does. rrrr. So much for no more messes now that the kids are all growing up.

I am now the only one up except for Puppy and Kitty, who are chasing each other around the living room. They are too cute, lucky for them.

















2 comments:

Veronica said...

Pets can be such a handful sometimes, here is a trick i use to deter them mix of vinager and water spray it were they peed gets rid of the smell and they dont like the smell of the vinager

Anonymous said...

As I always like to say (as much as I truly adore my pets) -- take the word "P-E-T-S", and rearrange the letters ever so slightly...to get "P-E-S-T"! Coincidence? I think not!