summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, July 21, 2013

sweet summertime....

I haven't been taking many pictures, e-cept on my new phone, which I haven't figured how to transfer to here yet:)
Never mind. I figured it out. This is me on my walk this fine morning. My old phone was not working well. It would drop calls, make calls when I didn't dial, mute calls when the mute button wasn't on. I think they are just timed to self-destruct right before one is due for an upgrade. I wanted an iphone 5 anyway, so it wasn't a huge hardship to have that old phone die. I ended up with a Samsung Gala-y iii. Aaron has the 4, and really likes it. Having the latest in technology isn't that important to me, so I opted for the older model...because it was fifty bucks instead of $200. Then I found out they make a new model that is waterproof! Oh, I would have shelled out the money for that! Underwater photos, dropping it in water...worth the money for that!

Anyway. Summertime is nice. Yesterday our power went out and I was thankful we had a pool to wash up in, I mean swim in. Paul and I, Joseph and Aaron, worked at the chicken stand at the baseball stadium. Oh we were hot in there. Sam was here babysitting the four youngest, with no power, so we were thankful when he let us know it was back on. Poor Abigail was there at her house with Kathryn and Suzanne there to help her...and no power, no movies, no fans to cool her down.

Today...a wedding, or rather a renewal of vows. New vows. My niece and her husband, who is in the Navy. They married in South Carolina with no friends or family, so today we celebrate that wedding with them. Mirielle and Paul are going to help with the food, they actually like being in the kitchen:) The heatwave has broken, today is sunny and in the seventies, just perfect.

I hate getting old. My creaky knees, mostly. I walked this morning, and I wanted to run. But it hurts my knee bad enough just to walk.

This chair is too comfy, there are things to do today. Paul has gone and visited his mother AND stopped at the store, is home already, and I am still in my chair. oops. He is such a responsible and busy guy, makes me feel slothful:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

slothful...hahahaha!!! Well you have to agree that Sid the Sloth is one of the funniest creatures ;)

true blessings said...

Good to know youre still doing your walks,how are you doing weight wise?