summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, March 15, 2014

ahh, saturday....

The princesses are at Emily and Abigail's house. They got to spend the night last night. I love seeing them pack their dollies and jammies for an overnighter at their sisters' place. Abigail encouraged them to bring enough toys so they wouldn't get bored, but Camille said, "We don't need too many, because we play with people who aren't really there, like our husbands and our kids." Ha, they play house in the upstairs, it is a nice old house with lots of rooms to play in. They brought a few dolls, and I am pretty sure they aren't bored. Especially because I sent their bathing suits, Emily was planning a trip to the pool this morning.

I love that the big girls are so good to their little sisters. Remember now, Emily and I are closer in years (19 years apart) than Emily and Camille (23 years apart:)). Anyway, I love it.

Sonja K. has a friend here, and has taken over the room she shares with Jonny, which has caused one rather large fight this morning, but Jon has apologized, and Sonja and her friend now have the room while Jon has moved his game system out here to the living room. Evelyn made waffles, and the older kids are still sleeping.

Yesterday I got a letter from Sam, which was just a form he had to fill out to send us his address. I wrote him a letter and got it in the mailbox this morning. His graduation date is in the middle of June, I wish I knew for certain how long he will have between graduation and having to report to wherever he will be stationed, and if he will be able to leave overnight or have to report back to base by midnight or risk turning into an AWOL pumpkin. Fort Benning is only three hours from the gulf of Mexico, and I would love to spend a few days there on the beach with Sam and the family. Oh well, even if we don't do that, we will get a nice hotel near the base for four or five days, and hang out by the pool with him. I just miss that kid so much.

I am going to try a Paleo banana bread recipe this morning. I am allergic to bananas, but somehow when they're baked, I can tolerate them in small amounts. We have too many right now, every once in a while that happens, and I hate to waste them.



No comments: