summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, March 30, 2014

lazy sunday....

Well, for right now, it's lazy. I swept the floors, put in a load of towels, and made breakfast, omelets with peppers, onions, tomatoes, and sausage. I brewed some more coffee, and here I am. Ah, I just got up and refilled my coffee which meant making another pot, put the towels in the dryer, and washed some dishes.

Second cup is just as good as the first, yum.

So yesterday, five of my kids (Emily, Mirielle, Joseph, Margaret, and Kathryn) worked at the Dome with me...it was a long day, two lacrosse games. It was Kathryn's first Dome event, as she just turned 16, and she had a major headache by the time we closed the stand. I told her she has to take breaks and drink water. Anyway, it was Kim's birthday (my sister-in-law), so we took her to Five Guy's afterward. I know you want to know what Five Guy's is, so here goes: you walk into this burger joint, and there are stacks of huge sacks of potatoes, with the place of origin on a sign on the wall, they buy from local farmers. You order either a small burger or a large burger, and tell the cashier what you want on it, she hits the buttons as you add things, and the toppings are all free with the burger. Then the fries are fresh cut, and heavenly yum. I had a burger with lettuce, tomato, hot sauce, raw green peppers, raw onions, and sauteed onions. I ate the whole thing, fresh bun and all. I cannot remember the last time I had a burger bun. Oh dear it was good. I only had six fries, oh, and one of Emily's cajun fries. It's a tiny bit apparent that I love food.

Other than that, I have been behaving myself, and the scale is starting to slowly creep down.

Anyway. Today, a feast at church...slow-cooked chicken with peppers and cilantro, wraps, and all the fixings. Plus fries, and pudding cookie-crust pies for dessert. Emily is the main cook today, with Joseph, Kathryn, Suzanne, and Sonja helping.

We heard from Samuel yesterday. Paul was home with the little kids when I was at the Dome, so he got the phone call. He is doing okay. He got hit in the face by one of the sgts. during combat training, but said nothing broke. He also was offered the possibility of training for an Old Guard position, which is very honorable to even be asked. Besides the height/weight requirements, the guys were asked several questions and several were eliminated, but Sam was still there in the small group of guys left, because he has never smoked or been arrested or had any traffic tickets. I think the Army is just looking for squeaky clean guys, and Sam is certainly that. I don't know for sure if he will train for that or not, but he was pretty excited to be singled out.

He says he is doing fine, lots of push-ups and running, but he likes the training exercising. Finding co-ordinates while out in the woods, putting together his very own rifle, and rolling around in the mud in the obstacle course....it's just his thing.

Tomorrow morning I am going out to breakfast with two of my very favorite people, Dave and Angela. I have written about them here before, they have eight kids still at home, and he has cancer. Again. His story is a miracle, as he beat the odds and was cancer free for seven years after treatment for cancer of the esophagus. He now has some spots on the lung, and in lymph nodes. So Tuesday he starts chemo. Again. He has full faith that his life is in God's hands, and that God sends all things for his very best. He is such a very dear friend, a great guy, so encouraging to be with...even when he was sick and tired and physically exhausted, he would be thankful. Both he and Angela are such kind good friends.

And in the afternoon, I am picking the little girls up from school, along with their two cousins, Sean and Danielle. We are going on an adventure, perhaps to the library. They want to go to the cemetery to visit Robert, their brother who was stillborn between Sonja and Jonathan, but I don't know if it will be warm enough outside for that. Jon talks about Robert sometimes, he wishes he had lived so he would have a brother close in age to play with, Jon is a little boy island in a sea of girls here, with five older and two younger, (plus the four older older girls, and the four older boys). He said the other day, "But, if Robert had been born I wouldn't be here." I told that was not true at all. That God planned for Jonathan to be here since before time, it is written that we have been called since before the foundation of the earth was layed.

And so my lazy Sunday is ticking by, I have to go get the little girls dressed and ready to go to church....



1 comment:

~JoAnn~ said...

This post made me laugh and laugh ! I read the first part to my husband and I told him that you were so funny because I had stayed in bed till about noon and that was my lazy day....quite different than yours:) blessings joann