summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

cold and snowy and blizzardy!

Our backyard.

The kids were riding these yesterday.

This is a little different than yesterday's selfie...

And, here are the cookies. I only doubled the recipe instead of tripling it this time. I baked 48, and refrigerated the rest of the dough. No one will eat the dough from the fridge, no sir. It will just vanish into thin air. Anyway. I also made some pumpkin cookies with coconut flour, to help me stay out of the chocolate chippers.

Four of my girls (Kathryn 15, Evelyn 14, Suzanne 12, and Sonja 11), went outside to play for a bit. They were silly and loud and got bundled up and went out and got tired out from the wind and the cold. My camera doesn't pick up the blowing snow very well, but it is coming down like crazy right now. Huge flakes, blowing all around in circles, making the driveway deeper and deeper. I went out with Jonathan and Char a few hours ago and attempted to shovel, but the snow is heavy and deep, I only made a few paths. Paul is going out with the snowblower later.

We had an early dinner of taco salad...

Now I am having a hot cup of coffee with some pumpkin cookies.

All in all, it has been an excellent day....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your cookies look delicious! Could you post your recipe?

16 blessings'mom said...

Cookies, oh so yum. I have tweaked the recipe from the back of the Nestle bag. Here is my version, doubled:

4 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
(sift together, set aside)

In a bigger bowl:
2 sticks butter
1 cup shortening (you can substitute this for all butter if you like)
cream together

Add 2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Add 4 eggs, mix

Mix dry ingredients to butter/sugar/egg mixture

Add tons of chocolate chips!

Bake at 350 for less than ten minutes:)

Anonymous said...

Thank You!!!