summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Wednesday, March 12, 2014


Today, we are expecting a blizzard! A foot or so of snow, perhaps almost two feet....cold and wind. But yesterday...oh yesterday was bliss! Sunshine and warmth! I dropped my sister off at her appointment...then went to Save-A-Lot and spent $8 on some produce and a pound of butter. Then to the thrift store, two bucks on three books. The through the drive-through at DunkinDonuts for a coffee...and off to the lake I went. It was so warm, I left my coat in the van. I ate an orange while I walked along the channel. I walked briskly along, totally and completely enjoying that sunshine. I walked/jogged a bit, then sat in the van with the sun shining on my face and arms while I read a book and ate almonds and an apple, and sipped my coffee. After I basked for about an hour, I headed to the grocery store for just a few things, and to use the bathroom. I ran into my sister-in-law and her grandson, they sat in my van for a bit while we chatted and I held the grandson:), who is a cutie-pants.

Then Cheryl was done, so I picked her up and we headed back to the same grocery store for her prescriptions. She was a little loopy, more so than usual even, so I told her not to say anything to anyone. It was quite funny. She was pretty worn out from the procedure she had done (kidney stones blasted), so I got her home before we did anything stupid. Don't ask.

Anyway. I got home, and Camille was on the couch again. 101 fever. Enough of this, I called the dr. Eight days in a row of spiking a fever is too many. I was told to bring her right in. So right in we went, just Camille and I. She was just so sweet. She has acute bronchitis/walking pneumonia. Our wonderful medical insurance only lets us get prescriptions at Walmart and one other small pharmacy that was closed, so off we went to Wallyworld. I let her ride in the back of the cart with her little thing of orange juice and baggie of cheese crackers, like a two-year old. It took almost an hour for the medicine, so we wandered around looking. I let her pick out some rainbow hair extensions for 97 cents, and some plastic sparkly rings. I found a $3 pair of slippers, and a few $1 shirts for the girls.

Home...oh it's nice to be home. Paul made some salads, I cooked up some dreadful Ramen noodles for the kids, gave them some chicken and salad with it, and we had dinner.

And today, no school!
This is our pear tree. Pretty soon it will be covered with blossoms, and it will be beautiful. But for now, it has to endure the wind and the snow. But, spring WILL come.

I don't mind this storm, mostly because I don't have to drive in it. I won't like it if the power goes out, but otherwise, it's cozy and exciting. I have taken lots of pictures of "before", and hope to take some cool "after" ones.

I think I will make some cookies for the kids to warm it up in here and celebrate that this is a wonderful day. I can make some pumpkin healthy ones for me:)

Or, I can clean out one of the hall closets. Nah, cookies sound better....

No comments: