summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

girls' night out!

Kathryn 17, Evelyn 16, Suzanne 15, Sonja K. 13, and cousin Olivia 15 went out and about with me this evening. (Joseph went to Activity Club with Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille) (Joseph is one of the leaders of the groups of little kids)...anyway. We went to the thrift store! We had lots of donations from all the room cleaning, plus it's Wednesday, half price day, our favorite. We asked the nice man who worked there where we should leave the bags, and he helped us...then he said, "Girls night out!"

The treasures that lie waiting in the thrift store...I got a few books, a bathing suit that actually fits me, a beautiful dress for Camille for $3.50, a baby toy for Lydia, a GAP kids sweatshirt for either Char or Cam...Evelyn got a blouse, a sweater, and a pair of shoes. Olivia got a jacket, and the other girls got jeans to cut into shorts.

As we pulled out of the parking lot, one of the girls sighed, and mentioned how much she would like to go to Taco Bell. They all joined in, not asking, just commenting how good it would be. So, I took them. Five girls, five one dollar tacos, but they appreciated it.

Then to BJ's warehouse club, where I totally pretended I didn't know those girls, as one was being pushed in a cart, ever so slowly and carefully, ha.

We got stuff to bring to Norway! TWO 52 ounce bags of miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Beef prices are going down a little, I bought some to put in the crock pot with potatoes and carrots...mmm.

I also bought a big bag of pistachios...I like to eat them in the evening when I get feeling snack-y. I also bought another bag of frozen blueberries, they are so yummy.

Today, I baked chocolate chip cookies. Here's my recipe:

6 3/4 c flour
3 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
mix together...

In a bigger bowl:
4 sticks (2 cups) butter
3/4 c vegetable shortening
1/4 c coconut oil
blend it all up with:
3 c brown sugar
1 1/2 c white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla
Add:
6 eggs

Mix flour mixture into butter mixture, add chocolate chips
Bake in 350 degree oven for ten minutes, or until just barely golden brown

I baked so many so that Joseph could bring some for his A.C. group tonight. (Jon said the really liked them)

Little Annika enjoyed helping me. She likes chocolate chips! She had just eaten a half of a banana, and a whole orange, but she had room for those chocolate chips. I gave her a few little piles of them, then when we put the rest into the bowl with the batter, she closed her eyes tight and reached in the bowl for a few more. It was so funny, I think she things that if she closes HER eyes, I can't see her. It certainly is fun having a two year old around again. We love her.

It warmed up outside today, and rained...rained all day, gloomy and dark and cozy, but so wet out there! With the melting snow and the rain, the yard is just a big soggy mess. That didn't stop the princesses from getting their rainboots on and exploring the creek...they came in real sneaky-like, and changed all their clothes. Either it was deeper than they thought, or they both fell in. Don't worry, that creek is nothing but the drainage from the field across the street, it's only six inches deep at the most.

This weekend is supposed to be warm and partly sunny, oh joy! If it hits fifty, I am totally going to sunbathe on the deck.

Paul is coming home from France on Friday, then Evelyn and I are going to the play. Paul did want to go, but knows it will be too tiring right after an overseas flight, and the time change, ect. So Ev and I are going, and we are going to have a good time. We know how to do that:) Then on Saturday morning, Paul and I are both working at the basketball game, then Sunday there's a wedding show for the catering business that Emily bought...she wants me to make cupcakes, if I can. So Saturday might be a busy day...honestly, after I get home from working at a game, I am not hop-skipping along...no, I am sore and tired. So we'll see.

No comments: