summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

winter has returned!


Snow! Here in central New York state, the general consensus is that We Can't Complain, Because We Have Had Such A Mild Winter.

But nonetheless, it's back. The cold, the snow. When the Arctic air moves down over the Great Lakes, we get snow.

We only have a little bit now, a few inches, but I went out and shoveled the deck and driveway this morning, figure I can call it a workout, ha. Hey, I already swept and mopped! It was an hour and a half of pure work!

I have woken the homeschool kids, told them they could lie in bed for a few minutes. Jon is up, with the fifth Harry Potter book in his hands, settling on the couch with Suri for some reading time. The little girls slept with me last night, since Paul is away. Cam woke crying at 6:13, she wasn't covered, and Char was kicking her. I won't lie, I liked comforting her. :) I mean, who doesn't like saying, "It's okay honey, Mama is right here...".

Last night, after all of my kids headed to bed, I got to stay up all by myself with Lydia. I rocked her to sleep, then just sat back and enjoyed it, the weight of a sleeping baby...her perfect little face...


Even all drooly, she's precious:)

Here's what I am excited about:

Kim and I are going away for a one night (Thursday night) get-away with our younger homeschoolers...Jon, Char, Cam, Sean, and Danielle. The hotel has a pool and a hot tub, and a big t.v. Kim has a harder time getting away than I do, as she babysits for a few grandchildren, and gives rides to work, ect. So the stars were all aligned, neither of us has to babysit on Thursday or Friday (except in the afternoon and evening I will have Lydia) and she reserved the room...then I realized there was a fundraising concession! Oh no! It's hard to get them staffed when it's a weekday game, and Kim is ALWAYS there. So we talked to Bill, who co-ordinates the workers, Mirielle stepped up to be the manager, and we are hoping hoping hoping enough people sign up so we don't have to cancel. The kids are all excited, and already packing, and if we have to cancel, ugh. I don't want to!

I have tried to write this a few times, but between hugs and snuggles (little A. likes to bring her blankie over and climb into my lap, and of course that means the computer gets folded closed!), and assigning pages to some kids, reading a bit about World War I, and from a science book, putting in a load of laundry, and helping them make toaster pastries...phew, now I have a diaper to change...



No comments: