Wednesday, February 3, 2016
too many kids!!!
This is me right now...in my comfy chair, surveying the damage to the living room, ha. Duplos and car track and dolls, and dishes.
Char, Davian, Cam, and A.
Davian is going to be four next week, so we thought we would have a little pre-birthday celebration. He wanted ALL the planets on a cake, of course, but I offered either the sun or the earth, and he chose the earth.
Having small children here begs the question: how did I ever manage, way back when? I am in awe of my former self, ha. I know, I am older now, and have gotten used to a slower pace. This sweet darling I am watching, little A., is two and a half. Back when I had children that age, I also would have a one year old and an infant. No wonder I'm crazy, ha.
Anyway, it's been fun, and little children are so fresh from heaven...they are so innocent, yet they have their strong little personalities, and preferences. This particular two year old is such a sunshine...
The kids are doing their school work, little A. is snuggled up with Kathryn, and the dogs are sleeping on the couches. I told them I need to write for a few minutes, then we are going to go to the library.
Here's what I have been working on lately:
1. Not eating the earth cake that's sitting on the counter. It's a pumpkin spice cake, with homemade buttercream frosting. Samuel called me last night, and I was walking around the house, passing that cake, and almost slicing off pieces and eating them. Almost. That's when I do my "unaware" snacking, when I'm on the phone, not sure why.
2. I exercised yesterday, a little. We moved the coffee table and got out all the foam mats, and had gym class. The little ones do their somersaults and head stands, and jump around, and I did my push ups and lifted my ten pound weights. It wasn't much, but still.
3. I finished my latest library book last night, "Gone Girl". It was interesting, but I shouldn't have stayed up until 1:04 to finish it.
4. Last night I renewed my BJ's membership, $108 for the year...then I bought supplies...for lunches, ect, and it came to over $300. ouch. Now I just have to sit back and watch them eat it all up then say there's nothing to eat again.
5. Paul has too much traveling in the near future...
(when he came home from France the other night)
6. Adventures! I want to go adventuring with the kids. New places! Maybe soon I'll just take them for a surprise hotel night...they are growing up so fast, I feel like I want to hold on to these days of having a few younger ones who still appreciate the simple things in life...
7. Homeschooling calls...I need to check Camille's page and decide what to do next...