summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 14, 2016

living in the arctic....



-22 farenheit (-30c). That's what I woke up to this morning. And guess what? I couldn't wait to get out and see how cold it really was...


And if you're wondering, it was COLD. This is actual temperature, not wind chill. The snow crackled under my boots, and shoveling it was almost impossible, because it was, ha, frozen! It was hard to breathe too, and not just because of the lovely scarf over my face. My normally warm gloves weren't working, and it felt like my legs were just bare. I shoveled a path down the driveway and looked in the paperbox...no newspaper. Oh well. I took my glove off for a minute, to take a few pictures, and ouch. I had to go back in the house before my fingers fell off...they hurt.

Anyway, my dear husband gave me a nice Valentine's gift...a warm blanket for my comfy chair.

Emily came over yesterday with a crockpot full of pulled beef, for burritos. She cooked up some chicken breast, we sliced peppers and onions and she made salsa with fresh tomatoes. I chopped cilantro, and added some to the rice. It was a nice feast on a chilly night. Evelyn's chocolate cake was amazing, I ate only one crumb, using my super power of amazing resistance. We cleaned up the table, and sat back down to play some Bananagrams, which is like Scrabble.

Anyway...I'm thankful for a warm house, space heaters, and my new blanket.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Ooooooooo............that is soooooo cold! About 2 years ago where I live in Alberta we were the coldest place on earth for 1 day. It was -56C 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬 Colder that Siberia!!!! This winter has been unusually mild here on the prairies..........we had +15C one day. Very strange weather for sure. How nice that you got a great blankie for Valentines 💖 I too love to bundle up in a blanket in my big chair. I got a box if really lovely chocolates.......with pink Himalayan salt on the tops.......they are chocolate covered caramels ...........they are so delicious!!! Not good for a diet, but who cares 😂 Have a great day Della.

Marilyn from Canada

FLmom7 said...

Brrr! That is Cold! Don't hate me, but it was 75 here in southwest Florida:) However, I grew up in the northeastern US so I do know what cold is. Sometimes I miss it, except for driving in the ice & snow (and shoveling it).

Anonymous said...

I hear you I live east of Syracuse and it was about the same tempature.
WOW!!
Donna, NY

Anonymous said...

Try blowing some bubbles outdoors! They're soooo beautiful when they're freezing in the air :)