summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, June 4, 2020

being grandma again...


The littlest grandchild, little Ophelia Rose, Lydia's baby sister. They are moving to a village ten minutes away, and needed some help, because baby cakes here wants attention, and they needed to clean the new apartment. So, we got to have her for a few hours.


"Aww, the baby with the baby!" Poor Camille, she'll always be my baby.



(Miss Lydia in new clothes from her great grandma)

Margaret, Adrian, and little Wulf just happened to be in the neighborhood and stopped in for a visit. Wulf is going to be a big brother in a few months, and was pretty darned interested in cousin Ophelia.


In fact, once she fell asleep, he tiptoed over, then yelled, "RAAA!" Oh dear.


This is Achilles Royce, my across-the-country grandchild. I was there in Oregon when he was born, barely, and got to see him in California, right when this Covid-19 business was just gearing up. Now I have to settle for facetiming and pictures. This is his first time sitting in the cart, in Target. :)

And, one more grandchild who isn't local, but seven hours away means we see him lots more, Mr. Grant-y-pants, with Sam.


And these little girls of Ben and Ashley, Anya and Elise:


I am just so ready to be spending time with the kids and grandkids again.

And this is a pic of our oldest, Emily. Isn't she lovely? Hey, it's my blog, I can brag about my kids if I want to, right?


Ah well, we have some really nice weather today. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. There is a lot of terrible stuff going on in the world, and it IS scary. Why can't people just be good to one another, forgive, forget, be patient, and help each other? God created all people, all just the way they should be, and for one to think he is better than anyone else is just base and stupid.

6 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Good morning!
What beautiful blessings indeed!
I have been told how amazing being a grandma is.
You are a wonderful one, my friend.

Rose Sperlonga said...

Woohoo! Congrats on seeing your grands again! They are all so adorable. Nothing like holding babies, loving on babies and then watching them grow! And the best part is you get to send them home when they get cranky! lol

Enjoy! :)

Marilyn said...

Oh Della they are just gorgeous!! I just LOVE little babies 🥰 That was lovely that you got to see them again. The babies have really grown, haven’t they?? Wow........ 😬 Beautiful photos................

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Shannon said...

Nothing better than a sweet baby around! How lucky you were to have a that sweet day to enjoy being a grandma.

Susan said...

Ophelia is adorable! I think that a requirement to be a member of your family is to be physically beautiful.♥️

16 blessings'mom said...

Susan, that is so sweet of you. Of course I'm partial to my grandkids, I see them through the rosiest colored glasses...! Shannon, that's right, there is nothing better than a baby around! Marilyn, yes, they've grown! Ophelia was just a tiny newborn, then lockdown happened...Rose, yes, spending some time, then saying goodbye ha. Billie Jo, yes, they are blessings!