summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 8, 2020

glorious weather, the pool and the deck and the kids...


So we helped Molly and Josh move into their new apartment. I didn't do much, but I did promise one of the girls a beer when we were done. I chose the Bud Light with Lime, which kind of reminds me of Froot Loops. (I only managed to drink about 2/3 of one beer, but whatever. It was good.). I just thought it was funny though, coming out of a gas station with a mask on, with two six packs. Is that even ME?

Some deck spam, because I am just in love with being out there...

I am extremely plant stupid, flower dumb...a friend gave me this last summer, and it survived the winter, and bloomed again, I love it, whatever it is.


Most of these are Evelyn's babies. I did plant some flower seeds though.


This previously yellow Little Tikes table got some new black spray paint.


This chair is one of three that I got at the thrift store a few years ago for $4.99, it also got some new spray paint. It was originally rose pink with a cream colored frame, what decade was that?


This was a pink legged, white topped Little Tikes table, sprayed black for a few years, then repainted this year.


One of my favorite places to sit, my Aldi rocking chair, with a new $5 Walmart pillow. Evelyn says it's an "old lady" pillow. I guess I'm an old lady then.


The plastic Adirondack chairs are still nice, and this is a $5.99 pillow from Ollies.


We have so much flying cotton, from the poplar trees!



And, the pool! It's almost clear! The new sand in the filter was the key!


Can you just imagine how nice this pool will be with a deck on it?! It isn't going to be huge-0, just about four of the panels across, then straight across the back, if that makes sense. It'll be big enough, and I think it will get some use. I'm pretty excited.

Yesterday was a stay-at-home day. We enjoyed the pool immensely. Margaret came over with Wulf, and at first he wasn't having it, he wanted to stay on the ladder. But once we got him in, he really warmed up to it and got comfy. He is such a joy. We always fill the little splash pool on the deck for him, too, so he can water the plants and put various toys in it.

Evelyn grilled burgers and coneys for dinner, I made salt potatoes.

This fine morning, Abigail and I are heading to the store for a few things....then tomorrow: the beach!!!

6 comments:

Rose Sperlonga said...

Everything is looking very summery! Looks good ! We have a deck and a landing for our pool. I must say I don't know how anyone uses those little ladders to get in and out of their pools! I've tried it and no way! lol I am sure I looked a site! So when we bought our pool we got cascading stairs into it, off the deck..... so big deck, landing big enough for 4 people and pool. YOU are going to love it and spend so much time on it!

Enjoy!!
Rose

Billie Jo said...

So lovely!
Everything looks fresh and summery!
Enjoy it all!

Marilyn said...

Everything looks just lovely Della 🥰 You will enjoy all of it this summer 🌞🌞🌞

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

Everything looks beautiful. I'm sure you really appreciate summer time when you live in a 4-season world! One question...what are salt potatoes?

Laurie in California

Anonymous said...

Could you please provide a recipe for the salt potatos? Thank you.

16 blessings'mom said...

Salt potatoes here in CNY are just in a bag, baby new potatoes, 4 pounds of potatoes and a pound of salt. I don't put all of the salt in, they are too salty then, in my experience. If you don't have them locally, just use small new potatoes and boil them in lots of salt water.
Rose, me on the pool ladder is a sight to behold, I'm sure. I get so wobbly up there, and do not like it one bit. Our kids won't even need steps to get into the pool from the deck, they can just hop in and out. I wish...!