summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, June 25, 2020

well now, that's a bargain!

A long time ago, nye about last summer, I was browsing in the thrift store, and voila! A percolator coffee pot! It looked to be all there, in fine condition, in fact brand new-ish. $2.99, I reckon I can part with that. It's a nice one, from Vermont Country Store...here it is, ignore the water marks on it, if we don't dry things off, our nice well water decorates.

The coffee is AMAZING!


(It's $39.95!)

Well, this fine weekend we are going camping, and a tried and true method for making coffee is to bring the tea kettle, boil the water, and make pour over. But, if you're camping, you SHOULD have a REAL coffee pot, right? My parents used to make stove top coffee, and when that started perking, oh the aroma! They graduated to a fancy Polly-Perk, orange plastic, before switching to ugh, instant.

Before the days of Mr. Coffee, I suppose...we had the orange model. So fancy.

Anyway. I had to try the pot and make sure it will work. This morning we are bringing what I hope is the final load of bags to the thrift store, then going to Walmart for some camp fuel for the stove, and some odds and ends.

This afternoon the pups have to go to the vet. Isn't Sunny a clown?

Both pups are going to the vet this afternoon. You call from the parking lot, and they bring them in. Will they be good? Sunny Sunster is a 'Fraidy-Cat, she likes to hide under the chair and have the nice vet get right on the floor for the exam. Suri wags her tail and growls at the same time. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body, but when she's unsure of someone, she does that. If they just pet her, she'll be their forever friend, but shh, don't tell that to the robbers and burglers. This is Suri's first time at this vet, I hope she behaves her fat little self. Anyway, they go in without mama, and you talk to the vet on the phone during the exam, which is on my list of things I hate the most, phone conversations with people I don't know very well, awkward! Awkward is my middle name.


My view yesterday afternoon, with a cup of coffee, grilling dinner. Bone in chicken breasts were cheap at Aldi, then there were $2 off coupons on the packages, so marinated overnight in vinegar, olive oil, and Montreal chicken seasoning, then grilled for almost two hours with Stubbs bbq sauce, and a bit of Sweet Baby Ray's...I also melted butter with Frank's Hot Sauce, to top it with. We had leftover salt potatoes, steamed broccoli, and cherries for dessert.


And this is me this morning, because I'm happy, and because it's my blog, and I can selfie if I want to. Sometimes I read blogs and I have no idea who is writing, I like seeing pics of the author, so...anyway, have a very good day, and say a little prayer that the thunderstorms and rain that is forecast for our little weekend in tents, right on the shore of Ontario, is dry and fun!!! (I know it'll be fun, but storms in a tent, ugh!)

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Good morning Della! I so enjoy reading your blog every morning.......sitting in my big comfy chair 😊 And yes you can selfie away!! Sunny is tooooooo cute and poor little thing going to the scary vet.........I had to take Hudson the other day and it was the same procedure. One of the girls came and got him and he happily trotted in with her. The plan was the vet would call me with his findings, but he brought Hudson out and we talked at a safe distance. Our dogs LOVE our vet, but they have gone there since they were born. That coffee pot brings back memories. The same type actually that my dad used when I was a kid........back in the cave days!! 😂😂 I hope you have good weather for camping. To me nothing is much worse than camping in a tent in the rain........🙄 😬 My fingers are crossed for a great weekend! Have a super day.....

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Rose Sperlonga said...

I hope you have great weather. Us in the Berkshires are in for a ton of rain and we need it. Front yard is burned so badly. So I'll wish it here and not with you guys!

Have fun!

That pup is so darn cute laying there in all her glory!! LOL :)

Susan said...

I agree that the photos are very important to connecting the reader to a blog.
I have been reading your blog since a little before Anya was born. I feel like I know your family well and that in part is because you share pictures of each child along with their hopes and dreams. You have provided me a great deal of happiness Della! ♥️♥️♥️