summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, June 18, 2020

can we agree it's annoying?

The birds! They start in when the sun comes up, and I'm trying to sleep! I guess all those years of waking up for babies has left me a light sleeper, but oh my goodness. I'm half kidding, they sound so dang summer-y, and I am in love with summery.

But I did wake up before six for the second morning in a row. Yesterday it was Sunny's fault however, she was whining to go outside, so one of the girls let her out, then went back to bed, so she started barking to come back in. ugh.

Anyway, I get up early, and putter around the yard, pulling weeds, watering flowers, cleaning up a few doggy piles, and the occasional "gift" from the cat (hint: they hunt, and leave furry little victims on the sidewalk). Today the hose had to go in the pool for a while, and I had to play fetch with Sunny for a bit. Suri is only good for like two fetches, then she lies down and sighs deeply, head on the paws. She is definitely related to me.

So yesterday I met Benjamin at Lowe's, and we ordered the deck supplies. Well wouldn't you know it, the rest of America is getting new decks, too! Between people being locked down and doing home improvements, and factories and companies having 25% workforces, the supplies are all back ordered and harder to procure. So our deck supplies will be delivered...sometime. Sometime soon, we hope, but what can you do? The poor cashier said people have been yelling at her for it, even regular customers. That is ridiculous! How can it even remotely be her fault?

Benjamin met me there because hey, he gets 10% off, military discount. I think I deserve to partake and share that discount, because I went through enough drama and trauma with him over in Afghanistan, medic-ing. We saved $160, so thank you, Lowe's for thanking Americans for their service!

I had gone to the thrift store, all by myself, before I met him. I found a shirt for my grandson Grant, a book to read, a V-tech toy, which works with new batteries, for the grandkids to play with, and a new-to-me white Corelle coffee mug, all for $5.08. :)

Afterward, I went to BJ's, got chicken, bacon, and burger, a bag of salad mix, and some fresh broccoli florets.

Home...ah, home.

Today, the slate is blank. The pool is clear and warm and the sun is shining, poor me. Margaret it coming over later with Wulf, he likes Grandma's pool.

And tomorrow, the beach...!!!!

And...what's annoying isn't really the birds, it's the political climate. I don't care if you love or hate Trump, be respectful. And who are YOU to say that if I don't speak out against something, I'm part of the problem? Go ahead, defund all the police, you probably don't even have to, because they're quitting. It seems more and more people are more and more tolerant of criminal behavior, yet if you speak out with a different opinion about anything, well, you should be fired! Silenced! How dare you! I absolutely abhor when ANYONE is looked down upon or treated badly for any reason...do you know that Iceland has pretty much zero population of Down syndrome, because they abort all the babies with it? To me, that's reason for outrage. To be patient and kind, and to acknowledge and be thankful that God has made all people as He has seen fit...judging and finger pointing and accusing and categorizing people...its tiring. I'm taking the rest of the day off from all news and social media.

Have a very good day:)

4 comments:

Linda said...

Yep, agree...

My husband receives a 10% discount too at Lowes and some other places as well due to his military service as well. He was a Military Policeman, and go ahead and ask me how I feel about that treatment of police (rolling eyes)==which goes to your thoughts about that as well. I think I probably should of majored in rolling eyes, LOLOL.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ohhh, please don't 'knock' the birds!

But I know, you are not really complaining.

Wish I could still hear them easily, but "my ears don't work" like they used to.

Thank you for your Service! Your Warrior, _and_ all of you. Because not only the Warrior Serves. So does his family.

Thank you for your words, on "annoying." It's more than annoying. It is scary. Very scary. I had been posting (elsewhere) on this topic. And was advised that to do so, in the work place, or on social media, was dangerous. The work place part, does not apply to me. But blogging on social media, does.

While I was blogging on this topic, no one else was, in my circle. And it irritated me, when "quiet" people, commented; "Good for you, for this posting!" I felt, well why don't you "stick your neck out too???"

Just an aside, in hopes that you will not feel the same, about this comment of mine.

Our pool is now clear also! So the "Grands" can enjoy it.

Joybells said...

I'm limiting my social media and news intake as well. There's so much misinformation, but also God has something that He wants to work, if I can bring my mind to quietness and pay attention to Him, rather allowing the media to monopolize my thoughts. I really enjoy your blog and your common sense. Hope you guys get some quality time in and around the pool!

Joy from Salem

Lisa said...

I had to respond to the last paragraph of your post. THANK YOU! You said it better than anyone I've heard to date!