summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

wow, what a day!

It all started with the usual, driving Jon to his summer job, which I do every morning. Then watering the garden, fussing with the pool, raking up doggy presents, and sometimes the kitties leave some gifts too...yesterday was a dead robin in the front yard, bad kitty! (They got into some baby bunnies too, so sad!)

Then, it was time to take Miss Charlotte Claire for a haircut. Here is what it looked like, on her birthday last month:


And today:


Then to Target with Emily, who had gone with Mariel, who had a hair appointment at the same place just a bit after Char's, what a coincidence! Em joined us for a bit...

The girls went for some fries and a shake, and Emily and I went to the store, then to the huge bookstore, then to the liquor store for a bottle of wine. Mariel was all done, and her hair looks lovely!


Home, dinner, taco salad, again. I had gotten some bone in chicken breasts marked down, so they're in marinade for tomorrow. I also froze up some boneless breasts in marinade, and made burger patties and froze them.

After dinner, we went out to our church property and did some work. The kids were such good sports about it, so spontaneous ice cream on the way home!

(Not for me, I'm having some keto ice cream from Aldi)

And now we're home again...oh, in between it all, we did take a dip in the pool! 85 degrees, and mmm fantastic.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! I love both the haircuts!! Char looks so mature 🥰 Mariel so pretty.All you girls are lovely.

I remember the cats bringing their kill to the door 😬 so proud of themselves. We had a cat that was a great stalker. I put a bell collar on him, but he could manoeuvre himself so the bell didn’t ring!!

The pool sounds sooooo nice Della. Enjoy..........

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Linda said...

Love, love the hair! Smiles. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend.