summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 5, 2020

...happiness is new sand...

in the pool filter! I thought I remembered Paul saying last year that perhaps next year we should get new sand, which is this year. He remembered it differently, but said to go ahead and get the sand. He found some at Lowes, online, so I headed there...nope, they didn't have any. It was priced at $25 for a 25 pound bag, and we needed 200 pounds. ugh. Walmart didn't have it, so to the pool store we went. Yay, it was in stock, and for $14 for 50 pounds! Paul changed that sand, right after he finished work, and wow, that filter works like a dream now! The pool is almost clear already!

I really really thought he would take apart the filter and OH NO, a part would be broken, which would have to be ordered, and it would take a week, but happily, that didn't happen.

Why am I so hung up about getting the pool clear this year? Probably because there isn't much else to do, and we are getting a deck for it, can you imagine sinking hundreds of dollars into a deck, for a green pool?

Anyway. Today was Grandchildren day, again! Lydia and baby Elise came over so Molly and Josh could pack, then Ashley had to do grocery shopping, so Anya and Elise came for a few hours. Margaret came over with little Wulf, and it was like a party here! We filled the little pool, and a water table, and got out the sprinkler, and lots of little snacks, and spent the day in the yard.

Dinner: taco salad on the deck. I am LOVING the beautiful summery weather. I am not loving the news lately...ah well.

Little Wulf with Grandpa's headphones and some rock and roll, Van Halen I think, or maybe Queen (Fat Bottomed Girls!)



Beautiful Lydia and baby Ophelia...

Jonathan's latest adventure, fixing up a cheap used four wheeler...it runs!

3 comments:

Linda M. Conley said...

Big grin here...thanks Della. Have a beautiful weekend. smiles

Marilyn said...

Hi Della 👋 Good news about the pool!!! While you are having beautiful weather ours is just awful!! Pouring!! How lovely you had all those little grands again to cuddle and snuggle 🥰 I miss those days......my youngest grandchild is 20 now and 6’5”, but he still loves his Nana and gives me hugs and kisses 🥰 Enjoy your day 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Joybells said...

Yay for all the kiddos at your house!!