summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

ridiculously accomplished here...

I worked out! This is huge! It's a major procrastination breakthrough! I MEAN to work out, every night I go to bed and say, "Yup, tomorrow's the day!" Every time one of my kids talks about their work out, I say, "Oh, I'm going to start that again." I worked out twice or thrice during quarantine, I did a lot of walking. And I try to move and exercise in the pool instead of just floating around, although guess what I prefer?

Here's the thing: Emily and Mariel and Ashley are all doing this workout, it's called SWEAT, which I haven't done yet, but the point is, Em and Mar have stuck with their workout for like 100 days. They both work full time, Mariel is the chemo nurse and Em is a nurse practitioner. (She's done with her hospital Coronavirus help, back to regular practice). Ashley does this now too, Ben has been inspired to work out again because of his sisters, Evelyn and Margaret rarely miss a workout...Paul works from home, yet never fails to impress me with the way he fits in some sprints, or pulls that weighted tire down the road, or jump ropes.

So today, my kids are off doing fun things, playing volleyball with some friends, Jon is at work, Paul is working...I cleaned and washed dishes, did laundry and puttered around the yard, then did my workout, followed by a nice swim!



My chair did not make it back into the house. It has been rained on. I cannot get used to this chair. Oh, the first world problems! I don't know if we're allowed to say that anymore, my kids say it's taboo to say third world country, these days. You probably can't even say, "taboo".

Tomorrow, the pups need to go to the vet, oh joy. They have to go in alone, we cannot accompany them. I do not like this, not one little bit. I trust and adore the vets in this practice, but still, the doggies will be scared, unless they get some treats.

Friday, we are going camping for the weekend, up on Lake Ontario, in tents. The forecast isn't looking great, so I'm wondering if it's worth wasting the $70 we paid for the three nights, and staying here, where rain and wind won't wreck my sleep.

So yes, we have food prep and shopping to do, and some packing, and and and.

This is going to be a really good summer though. Kathryn, my dear daughter who now lives in Oregon, is coming for an almost two week visit with her husband and their little baby Achilles.

(Achilles with the toy that Paul's mom sent him)(Isn't he cute?)

Then, while they're still in town, Sam and Grace are coming for a week with little Grant!

(Grant is cute too!)

Somewhere in that time period, hopefully BEFORE, actually, the lumber for our new pool deck will arrive.

Our next vacation is at the end of July, we rented the camp right on the water in the Adirondacks! I am SO excited! It's sad for whomever it was who had that week and cancelled, but when I checked, right smack during the lockdown, and there was an open week, yay!!!!! Yes please! We had no idea if beaches would be opened up anywhere, or what we would be able to do...obviously no international travel, and some state parks aren't opened up yet, we just didn't know, so we rented a camp.

No comments: