summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 17, 2023

it's raining it's pouring...

 ...temperamental weather here in central NY state, from snow storm to pouring rain.  It's drumming on the metal roof, and do you think I want to get up, get dressed, and head out the door to the pool?  Absolutely not, but I will anyway.  A key to being successful in anything is to just not listen to your lazy inclinations.

This fine, dark, chilly day, I have plans to spend some time with Lydia, my dear 8 year old granddaughter. I was thinking to take her shopping and to lunch, after the pool.  

Yesterday, Camille had her pre-op appointment.  Her $400 t-scope immobilizer leg brace is missing a piece, we had to get a new one.  The ortho office manager wasn't sure the insurance would cover a new one.  Well, her last surgery, in May of last year, she wore the brace for weeks, but honestly, how were we supposed to know at that point, that she would need a second surgery on the other knee?  I mean, would a used leg brace pass the Marie Kondo?  Yes, the leg brace, all ratty with dog hair in the velcro from both the yellow and black labs, brings me joy.  I shall keep it.  Since we didn't do an actual Marie clean out, we did still have the awful thing, and they asked us to please bring it with us for this visit.  I was almost glad, for Camille's sake, that it WAS missing a piece, because, shabby.  But another $400 or so...and you can buy them on Amazon!  I didn't even consider that!

Anyway.  Never a dull one.  We went to Aldi after her appointment.  Emily, from her vacation in Lisbon, asked me to get a few things for a mentor's weekend at church, she's coming home, then doing the food for around 200 people.   I couldn't find what we needed in Aldi, so to Walmart we went.  Cam was looking for comfy pants for after surgery, with wide legs, we didn't find them.  We stopped at another grocery store, really quickly, because I knew the Diet Coke was buy two, get three free...and the burger was $2.99 a pound.  

Home...Kathryn was over for a visit with the kids, how nice to have a newborn to cuddle!

(Auntie Sonja with little Jamison)

This fine morning, I went to the pool...came home and got Miss Camille, then picked up Lydia.  We went to Kohl's, where the clearance stuff is half off.  I found boots for Lydia, which she loves, and jeans, a few tops...and two winter coats for Camille ($20 and $16), a few $1.80 shirts for me, and some various other bargains.  We went to McDonalds, as per Lydia's request, because of the play area.  Only one cashier, and the ordering screens took your order, but you had to wait in line to pay the one cashier because that function wasn't operational.  It took 45 minutes to get a little snack...Lyd wanted the mint shake, Cam a chocolate one, and iced coffee for me.  
She made a friend on the playground, and also met up with an old neighbor.  

After dropping her off, home...ah home on this chilly, damp, rainy day....no, I did not say damn.

Paul was leaving to go work on the house, so off I went with him...he has the flooring almost finished, the two upstairs bedrooms and the downstairs bedroom, most of the living room...there's the downstairs hall, the bathroom, and the back room to go, as well as the kitchen area.  I painted a few doors, some trim, and washed some windows.  The cabinet doors are still here, need one more coat of paint...


(The nice refrigerator and stove we bought from Marketplace...that's not exactly where they're going...

Anyway...home ahhh home...Paul cooked burgers for dinner, and I cut up some strawberries.  

My back has been bothering me, lower on the left side, radiates around to the front of my thigh, feels like a clicking, a catching, if I lean over.   Try not leaning over. It's almost impossible. I dropped the store ad in the store yesterday, and just walked on like I didn't notice.  Putting on my boots, my socks, oh dear.  Feeding the cat, feeding the dog, not fun.   

Hopefully resting it will make it better soon...:)



4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della!

Lydia is growing up way too fast! Wasn’t it just yesterday she was a baby? Such a cutie pie πŸ₯° Paul looks busy there putting down the flooring. Big job.

We have had some lovely weather I have to say. Sun shining and +5C yesterday!! The snow is melting and there is slop everywhere, but maybe spring is around the corner 🀞🀞🀞

You have an amazing day!! 😊

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Terri D said...

I am so sorry you are having back pain. It is the worst, for sure! Take care!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, Lydia has grown up so fast, even faster than my own kids did. When we were shopping, I was picking up a few things for her little sister Ophelia, and was trying to decide what size...Lyd said,"If I had my phone I'd just text my mom." (I was super glad she didn't have her phone because she was so chatty and not distracted:)) But the way she immediately thought of texting and old me is just wondering...just funny. We're supposed to get warmth and sunshine tomorrow, 50 degrees...hope it'll dry up some of the slop. The dogs love that slop. ugh.
Terri, thank you! You don't realize how good you have it when your body is functioning fine, then my goodness! Having to think about every action, I feel like a robot...

Deb said...

I *think* we may have finally booted winter out of Wisconsin for the season. We had a warm and sunny first day of spring, over a week of upcoming temps in mid-upper 40s, and scattered rain (NOT snow). Fingers crossed! lol

You always make me want to start going to Aldi and I still never do. And our Target is going to finally have a produce/meat section, so of course I think of you saying their chicken is best, and think I should start going there too. You're an influencer!

Aww, new babies are so sweet. It's been a long time since I've been around any.

I like that you all work on houses together. It's something hubby and his friend talked about doing years ago, flipping houses, but nothing ever came from the talking stage.

Hope your back/hip/leg situation feels better soon!

So I've been struggling with my mental stuff again and am going to try taking a blog break again. I'll probably still be visiting the blogs of others though, and yours has become most relatable to me. =)