summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

nailed it!

 Dry oven baked chicken breast? Well.   I always marinate it, usually in lime juice, salt and pepper.  Sometimes I stand at the stove and fry/sautee it up in olive oil, dredged in different flour/corn starch,ect....it takes a while, and makes a mess.  I like it grilled, but nope, too cold out.  So yesterday, after marinating for three or four hours, I mixed up a bowl of flour, around a half cup, corn starch, around 1/4 cup, and about a tablespoon of baking soda, with salt and coarse ground pepper.  I drained the lime juice from the chicken, rolled each breast piece around in the mixture, then put them on a cookie sheet with parchment, and lots of olive oil.  I flipped them so both sides were covered in the oil, then into a 400 degree oven, until brown and crispy.  

I let them set under a tent of foil for a bit after, then when sliced up, so tender and juicy!  We had a nice salad bar (oranges, blueberries, dried cranberries, some different lettuces, chopped cabbage (adds so much crunch!), grape tomatoes, baby cucumbers, cheeses, tortilla strips, croutons...I used a splash ofAsian Sesame dressing on mine, just a teeny bit, it's a good flavor) (from Aldi).  

Camille is healing, ever so slowly, her leg really hurts and she can't get comfortable.  The pain meds make her queasy even with zofran.  She can hobble along on her crutches quite well, but she can't really carry a bowl of cereal, or a plate of Nutella toast, or prepare food.  Sonja is making her some tortellini with fresh garlic cream sauce, right now.  She doesn't really eat much, but she needs to take the meds with food, so we're spoiling her:)

And, now it's Wednesday.  Life interfered, and interrupted my post.  I try to put this laptop away when the girls are talking and chatting.  I had to make dinner...steak, and broccoli.  I had a few leftover chicken wings for late lunch, so I wasn't very hungry, so a late dinner.  

I finally dragged my sewing machine out and set it up on the kitchen/dining room table.  I loved this checked fabric....


And a new cover for a wintery looking pillow...
...as well as new cushion covers.


My three day fashion accessory, it's all the rage for old people.  It sure is more stylish than the one I wore years ago!  Just stick it on, I can even shower with it on.  But, no pool, it cannot be submerged.   dang.
During the echocardiogram, my heart did one of it's booming palpitations, I saw the line on the screen jump around...the tech/nurse asked me if I could feel that one, and yes, I could.  

So now I am supposed to write down the time I feel each one, as it records my heart.  I decided I am not going to worry about the results.  Meds? I hate meds.  Surgery?  Okay, not even going there.  I will deal with what I have to deal with today, which is actually enough, without worrying about what might or might not be.  

Life interfering with blogging again...it is now evening...Kathryn came over with Achilles, Rhys, and newborn Jamison.
He's a super calm baby when he's here, when Kathryn is home with all of them, he cries whenever she puts him down...she had two other children to care for, so it gets challenging.
Aunt Sonja with Jamie, big brother Achilles, and cousin Grant.
Ruth loves the dogs.
Sam and Grace came over with Grant and Ruth.  We had pulled pork nachos, on this snowy windy night.  Spring, ha.  Not quite yet.  Kathryn and Samuel both had shorts on, as it was rather pleasant earlier today.  

It's quiet in here now, Sonja and Charlotte Claire left to go play volleyball, so it's just Paul and I, and Miss Camille.  The house looks like grandchildren were here, but at least I got the dishes done.  The crockpot is soaking, but all else is done.   

Ah well...I'm just sitting here chatting with Cam....maybe tomorrow I'll have more to say...:)




5 comments:

Terri D said...

I'm sorry Camille is healing slower than expected and that she is so uncomfortable. Hoping it all settles down soon. Love the photos of all the littles! Your meals always sound so good!! Hugs!

Mari said...

Your chicken sounds so good! I really like what you've been accomplishing.
Glad Camille is healing. Such a cute little Jamison!

Billie Jo said...

Have I told you how much I love visiting here with you?? It is as if we are friends, talking on the phone about our days. Your days are filled with so much love and family. Love the fabric you chose and the new baby!!!!! Beautiful! Your words on worry speak directly to me, my friend. Thank you for that. Prayers and love, and also, thanks for sharing your cooking tips. I truly learn so much from you!

Marilyn said...

Hi there Della!

Poor Camille. I’m sorry she is having so much pain and in top of that nausea 😔 Hopefully in the days ahead she will start to improve. Your suppers all sound delicious 🤤 That is just a tiny heart monitor, isn’t it? It used to be quite a contraption years ago. I hope your results are good.

I keep thinking spring will spring soon, but no, it just teases a bit. Yesterday was lovely now today gray and overcast. At least we’re not having tornadoes and snow storms. Oh those poor people hit in Mississippi 😔 I can’t even imagine it.

Your little people are so adorable, but you know that already 🥰

Have a lovely day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Terri, I have to remind her (and myself!) that we live in a great country for healthcare, and that it's amazing that surgeries like this can be done so she doesn't have to live life with a constantly dislocating knee.
Mari, I am so thrilled that Jamison lives so close by, too...if they hadn't moved back, I'd only be seeing pictures.
Billie Jo, you are so kind, I feel the same when I read your blog. I hope you're feeling better!
Marilyn, I know, poor Cam, but she will get better...maybe worse before that, but it'll come. The tiny heart monitor, it's almost cute. And spring....oh can't wait. I know, the tornadoes, so scary. You have a lovely day too...:)