summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 24, 2023

settling in...

It's a cool gloomy day here in central NY.  Reading other blogs about the wonderful springtime blooms and green grasses makes ME a little bit green, but mostly hopeful, because it's coming soon.

Miss Kathryn came over with the little ones yesterday.  I had a little snowplow for Achilles that I bought at the thrift store, so Kathryn got a pail of snow from outside and put it on a cookie sheet.  A few more cars to drive behind the little plow, and he was happy for a while.  


Some chocolates I made for the kids.  It seemed like such a good idea to bake cupcakes and a cake and make frosting and melt chocolate all at the same time!  ha.
I didn't properly tap the mold, so air bubbles...oops.  Achilles looked at the flowers and said, "That's not Boo's door, Boo's door has flowers on it!"

Happy 25th birthday to Kathryn Grace, now mom of three, holding little Jamison.  

I wasn't going to post these because I look like...an old grandma, but then I AM an old grandma!
(with Jamison and Rhys)
Two weeks old, and so beautiful!
Charlotte and Camille, delighted aunties...
All snuggly for the ride home.

Camille is sound asleep here in the living room, on the futon couch.  She has her mattress topper, and all her bedding, with her water bottle right by her, her next dose of meds close by.  We talked last night and she's okay with me going to the pool this morning.  Paul is here if she needs any help, too.  Sonja is at the hospital for clinical today, Charlotte Claire is in school...I have to pick her up early so she can get her bedding and bags, she's going to Delaware and to Washington D.C. this weekend with Mariel, Margaret, Sam's wife Grace, and a few more friends.  

Yesterday we had take-out Chinese food for Kathryn.  My girls totally appreciated it too, of course.  It's salty and fried and delicious and I'm glad we rarely have it.  It WAS the only meal I ate yesterday, and I only ate a little of the rice...General Tso chicken for me, nice and spicy.  

So off to the pool I go, yay!  I only missed one day this week (it's three days a week).     

I feel like blogging is like this quick over-view of the days...bullet points.  I overlooked some of the minor details, like: one of the dogs, I think Suri, did a little poop on the living room floor, which thankfully I found with my eyes and not my feet yesterday morning. (she's almost eleven, I don't know...rare occurrence).   I got up on time but dawdled too much in the bathroom, and Char's got on the bus before I could greet her this morning, which made me kick myself...she likes to see me in the morning.  I gathered up three of my bras to repair them, the underwires poked through, three bras within a week!  There's nothing like going about your business, and having a wire poking your underarm area...if you're like me, it takes a while to realize exactly what's making you so uncomfortable and cranky, busy doing things and oh,  okay.  I should just wear different bras...  Anyway.  I really have to get up and get moving if I'm going to get in the water in time.  We usually play catch with a big beachball for warm up, which is fun, but if the ball lands in the water in front of you, splash in the face!   I love the older people in the group though...they are all so nice.  bye.


 

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hello πŸ‘‹

Oooooooops! I wished the wrong daughter happy birthday πŸ™„ HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kathryn πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

Camille looks all set up on the couch. She has to be where she’s comfy. I hope you had a good workout at the pool. I’m going to re-join the Y I think. Actually they have aqua fit classes there so I should check them out! I know I loved it when I went years ago.

All your cakes and chocolates look so good Della ………πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹ And Chinese food! Yum!! I can’t eat that and it always looks and smells so good.

I thought the baby looked like Achilles but looking at these pictures more like Rhys? He probably looks just like himself πŸ₯°

We have been having some glorious days, but I turn green too when I see the blossom trees in other places. It will be a while here. On the plus side though all theirs will be done when ours come out!!
Poor old Siri. These things happen sometimes as they age. I’m taking my girl to the vet this afternoon to have her anal glands expressed 😬 You can imagine how she loves that!!! Lots of treats from the girls there make it better.

I made Kodiak banana waffles…… the gluten free kind……for lunch. Soooo delicious. We put butter and pure maple syrup on and some blueberries and raspberries. Heavenly. Bindi get half a waffle and a few berries. No she’s not spoilt πŸ™„

Have a lovely afternoon!!

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Terri D said...

Ugh on underwires! I gave them up a few years ago. I enjoyed catching up with you here and the cupcakes and candy all look great!! xo