summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 13, 2023

time change, ugh!!!

 It's an extra Monday morning kick in the pants.  I didn't have to get up as early as usual, because Miss Charlotte Claire is still traveling back from Norway, and isn't going to school today.  But, I am going to the pool, for the first time in a week! Adrian asked me to watch the little boys today, and I said I would, but I NEED to swim first. So, they'll be here when I get back.

Margaret and Char will hopefully be flying in tonight, but this east coast storm, eeks....

A shiny field of snow...it is lovely.
This is how I'm feeling about winter lately though...meh.  It's snowing this morning, and we might get 6+ inches tonight, tomorrow...blah.   As long as it's cleared up Wednesday morning for the pool again!

I shouldn't have started a post, as I have to leave, hate being the last one in the pool, no matter how I try not to care what anyone thinks of me, and I seriously don't...that walk across the pool deck and down the ramp is not fun.  (I totally realize that it's ridiculous, and in theory I don't care at all but...as we all know, theory and reality collide).   It's just a body, I want it to function and not ache, so I take care of it, but it's passing away, and to be so vain about it is silly, and I'm thankful I know this.  The body IS a gift, a gift to take care of...

Anyway....off I go....


5 comments:

Deb said...

I'm so sick of winter. We got more snow this weekend too. Hubby plowed the driveway on Friday and again on Sunday. The stupid, most annoying part of all this is that it keeps warming up and melting in between rounds of snow. I suppose we should be glad because at least it's melting and not just piling up ten feet high. But still... go away winter!!!! I even told hubby yesterday that we might as well put the Christmas tree back up. lol

Marilyn said...

Hi Della!

I hope you had a great time at the pool. And truly …….. no one cares what we look like, cause I’m like you, all self conscious in a bathing suit. This is what my daughter tells me all the time. The good thing is you are going and it’s helping! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

I heard you are going to get more snow. Enough already!! I hope the girls arrive home safe and sound tonight. I’m sure they’ve had a marvellous time. Enjoy some chocolate πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Have fun with the kids πŸ₯°

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

16 blessings'mom said...

Merry Christmas, Deb, we're getting a snowstorm. My daughters are stranded in Philly, flights cancelled, so my son-in-law left an hour and a half ago to drive down there to get them, he'll get there by 11, if all goes well...then back here to central NY state, hopefully it's not all that awful....
Marilyn, I don't know when those girls will get here...we think it should be spring, but nope, snowstorm. And yes, your girls are wise. :)

Marilyn said...

Oh Della I hope your girls arrived home safe and sound πŸ₯°

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, they are home safe and sound! Adrian drive down, (4+ hours), drove back, dropped off Charlotte Claire, picked up his sleeping little boys, brought them back home (Oswego,up on the lake (Ontario)), put them back to bed...what a guy...he didn't get home to nearly five a.m. There is a stack of chocolate on the kitchen counter, too!