summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 3, 2023

....splashy-splash!

When my kids were little, a bath was splashy-splash.   As in, splashy-splash, who wants to go splashy splash?!   

Random. I went splashy-splash, to the pool this morning for water aerobics, and wowza it felt nice.  A nice hot shower afterward, washed my hair in the nice "town" water, makes my hair so soft and silky, compared to our hard well water (we do have a softening system with salt pellets, ect). 

Before the pool, I had to drive Miss Char to school, as she missed the bus.  It was mostly my fault because she was making a coffee to bring with her, and the bus came early.  She was abandoning the all-done coffee that just needed cream and the lid, I insisted I had time to get it put together, then the bus drove away...oops.  So into the car we went, school is only five miles away.   

Home,  no time to relax,  Camille and Sonja came along up to the medical center to have Cam's pre-surgery testing, a chest x-ray and bloodwork.  Then, Aldi...then the thrift store.  I behaved and didn't buy all the toys, but shh, I did get a cool play-dough set with the pumper thingy.  I got a nice shirt, and the girls found a few nice things too.  Then, Wendy's...fast food is so good.  I got the apple pecan salad, with no crumbled cheese, and extra pecans. I don't eat the dressing on it, just chicken, apples, craisins, and pecans....it was a solid 9.5, really enjoyed it.  

Then, Target...one little gift for Molly Rose, her birthday is next week.  A new kitchen rug for in front of the sink, a cute spring throw pillow I need like a hole in the head, as my mother would say, and some Hershey Kisses, which I also need like a hole in the head.  

Home....ah, home...put away the groceries, and plan the dinner...we were going to have Tiki Marsala...the jars of sauce from Aldi taste as good as from scratch, in our humble opinions, but I just wasn't feeling it tonight...so I'm going to take that chicken breast, roll it in some flour, then an egg mixture with a splash of hot sauce in it, a bit more flour, then browned up in olive oil...on top of a nice salad, with tomatoes, spinach, red onion, ect.  (I know, almost what I had for lunch!)

We're getting some bad weather this evening...rain, snow, sleet, more snow...all depending on the temperature, but at least four inches of new snow...but it doesn't seem so threatening, the season is winding down...

So much is going on in the next few weeks...Kathryn is due in a few days, I'll have her little ones when she goes to the hospital, then I'll have Wulf and Tennyson next Wednesday through Friday, when Margaret goes to Norway with Char, and Adrian has class...they are just going to move in here for a few days, as his classes start before the sun comes up in the morning.  If Kathryn has baby during those days, I'll be a busy grandma.  

The following week, Camille has her pre-op appointment, then the surgery the next week, then I have my echocardiogram and 3 day halter monitor the next week.  

Oh, I need to remember to give Miss Char money (or a credit card, honestly) so she can bring home some Norwegian chocolate....

Ah well.....that chicken isn't going to make itself!  off I go....

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi 👋

You will be busy the next few weeks! I hope everything goes well for Kathryn and she pops in and out of hospital quickly. They don’t seem to keep new mothers for very long these days. You’ll have fun with the other 2 for a couple of days anyway 🥰 Then Wolf and Tennyson for a few days. Phew!!

Going to be cool here for the next few days too….. tonight going down to -19C 😬 Oh well Mother Nature has to have the last say I guess.

Have a lovely weekend 😊

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Carol said...

You are going to be a very busy grandma. Enjoy the little ones and bigger ones as they come and go.

Cindy said...

Wow you're busy. Exciting about the new grandbaby. I hope all the tests and appointments go well. Wendy's apply pecan salad is one of my favorites! So good. And I pray the storm is meek and mild!

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, I know, "Here's your baby, don't let the door hit you on the way out..." Yes, it will be busy, but I think grandparents love the grandkids so much because they have experienced the transience of life with their own kids, and just KNOW how short their precious childhoods are. Carol, I know...and I love when the bigger ones visit.
Cindy, I can't wait to hold that newborn! The storm...well, it's over, it left some clean sparkly snow, and the roads are clear...so all is good.