summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

tired tuesday

Okay, the kids don't all like getting their picture taken. Here is Sam trying to do his homework... Ha, I got him!

Jonathan was so tired! He watched Emily leave for work in the morning, at ten to six....then he went in the pool, into the house for lunch, and on the couch to watch Bob The Builder....he conked....isn't the pink afghan pretty?

I was nice, and didn't snap one of Abigail, sleeping sitting up, next to Mr. Jon on the couch...I told my kids I would only put good pictures of them on here...but good is subjective, isn't it?
Does anyone else find it difficult to do housework in the oppressive heat and humidity? Especially those who find it difficult to do housework under the best circumstances? My goodness, all I could think of yesterday was getting into the pool....I did the bare minimum: threw in a load of laundry, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher (this has to be done 2-3 times a day), took care of Camille...Abigail swept, Margaret picked up (minimally) and vacuumed, I got Camille back in bed, and we were out the door with the sunscreen....the water is so warm already. We are having some trouble with the cottonwood trees this year. They are a fast growing tree, which produce the little fuzzy white things, and our pool is a magnet for little fuzzy white things, I guess....trees seem sort of sacred to me, cutting them down is something you don't do without good reason. Keeping white fuzzy things out of the pool doesn't quite seem like a good reason to murder some trees. Maybe I'm crazy, but Ido love trees. And cottonwoods have those shiny rustling leaves, that sound like summer. Our land is a former cornfield. There were no trees when we moved in. We dozed and seeded the yard, and planted the trees. We've been here 16 years, and have some beautiful maples, a pear tree, a white birch, a few scrubby pines, and the cottonwoods...they provide some lovely shade...and leaves to jump in come autumn.....
Suzanne's class is going to the zoo today. First graders. Ninety degrees. Long bus ride. Suzanne's class is going to the zoo without Suzanne.
And since Suzanne is staying home, Sonja is staying home too. Why? I don't know. But we sure will have some fun in the pool.
Kathryn's class is having the annual end of the year party (I say annual because she is the seventh child we have had with this particular teacher)....All the parents are invited, and the teacher does a slide show thing of the school year, and includes baby pictures of each child....she gives each child a copy of the dvd for a surprise gift. Well, having had six kids in her class, I already know the surprise......it is really nice. But I can't help think of: crowded classroom, hot, heavy Camille, standing in the corner (or even worse: sitting on a forth grade chair and hoping for the best)....hot, stuffy....see, I am not always optimistic. But I lied and told Kathryn I was looking forward to it. Just like I am looking forward to Kindergarten Graduation next week. It is the thirteenth one for us. Kindergarten, kindergarten, its been great. It's been great. Now we're on to first grade, now we're on to first grade, we can't wait. We can't wait.

4 comments:

Martha said...

Here comes the rain! I hope those zoo kids have umbrellas!

Martha said...

(It's really 10:24 not 7:22)

Martha said...

Cottonwood... ah, ah, ah, AH-CHOO!

Brandi said...

Okay...I am shocked that you have 16 kids and can still write so calmly! My 5 drive me crazy at times. Your children are beautiful, and yes good pictures are in the eye of the beholder. I have been known to put the really bad ones on my blog. Not lately, without having a camera and all! LOL I will definitely be peeking back on here.