summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

and the truth is....

I feel lousy. No, I am not pregnant:(. Yesterday was just a really weird day. I went to the pool in the morning, and had a challenging swim. I just couldn't seem to do more than a lap without feeling tired and out of breath. I only lasted 20 minutes, then came home and went back to bed, which I must say, was wonderful.

I woke up feeling still not right, then took the kids to the museum anyway. I felt off all day, like I was just exhausted. Now, I had just given blood back on Thursday, and my blood pressure was fine, at 112/72, and my pulse was 60. So I doubted I was having a heart attack, although to be honest, it crossed my mind a few times to scurry up to the hospital to make sure. I just felt like the whole world was bearing down on me, and I needed to sit down every chance I could....almost like I used to feel all the time, before I lost some weight.

Anyway, I woke up at 3:30 this morning with one of the worst migraines I have ever had. I was in agony. Four ibuprofen and lots of water, and I finally dozed off, right as I had to get up to bring Samuel to work, 6:30 am. ugh. I did NOT bring my gym bag and bathing suit. No sir, I brought that boy to work, came back home, and slipped back into bed. I really needed it.

I woke up to that awful day-after-a-migraine feeling. Worn out and blah, with a residual headache that just screamed, "Do Not Exercise!" So, I am taking the day off. Not from everything of course, I still get to be Mommy, and I still did three loads of laundry and washed the counters and swept the floors. I still helped Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, and Emily get their stuff together for their camping trip, although Evelyn wins the prize for the best packer.

They drove away in our minivan to the Adirondacks, for a few days. Then Mirielle took off in Emily's car to take Margaret and Sonja out and about. Joseph and Aaron are working on that tiling job, so that leaves me here with....Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. We are rattling around like peas in a pod. The girls have been playing outside in their playhouses with dolls, Jon has been helping me clean up, and trying to talk me into upgrading my cellphone to something like an iPhone5. I talked to my sister on the phone for way too long, and now I am sitting here in my comfy chair again. I am really leaning towards a nap. I don't know for sure what's wrong with me, but I am hoping it is just a combination of things...I am dizzy, but my ears always have lots of pressure. I don't know. I would rather not spend a few thousand dollars to find out I am just fine, so for now I will just hang out and take it easy and not worry too much. I am feeling better than I was yesterday.

Benjamin and Ashley are coming home the day after tomorrow!!!! I had so many things I wanted to do around here before they got here...oh well.

I still love summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh how awful. I hope that it is "just" exhaustion and by taking it REALLY easy for a few days you will feel better!