summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

midnight I-should-be-sleeping post...

Four of the girls are watching an old Marlon Brando movie. We had a fire on the deck and roasted marshmallows, and an after dinner swim. Dinner: chicken on the grill. Peas. Some of the kids also had rolls and sweet potato fries.

Today, I took Abigail to the dr. for a surgery follow up visit. Dr. changed the dressing on her incision, oh man I was glad I was already seated. Staples. Her knee, sliced open vertically, stapled together. It looked good, he said. No pinkness, no unusual swelling. No sign of infection. But oh it was gruesome. She has to wear that immobilizer for at least the next month, no bending the knee. Anyway. She is doing well. She is young and has lots of energy, is in great shape and can heave herself in and out of the car like nothing. She hobbled around the grocery store with me (she needed groceries, I offered to run in while she waited, but she likes getting out and about).

I enjoyed spending time with her, and helping her. Back to her house to unload her groceries, put my stuff in my car, back home...my kids had so much fun with Mali today. She took the three youngest to the park today. I felt like I had missed out on being with them, but one can't be everywhere at the same time.

Their movie is over, they are talking, I cannot concentrate. I am realizing these days how very blessed I am with all these fun kids. Never a dull moment. It can be exhausting, but it is never lonely:)

2 comments:

Tereza said...

how do you keep from feeling burned out! Some days I just feel like I dont even want anyone to even talk to me let alone be a fun mom:( I dont always act on this feeling but its often there...

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh believe me, I get like that. I feel like I am just here doing everything everyone needs me to do, without me even getting a say in it all. There are days I really need to preach myself happy:)