summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 26, 2013

sweet summer day....

The little girls are all excited because I am bringing them over to my niece's house(Katie) for a few hours to play with her kids. According to some of my older kids, Camille invited herself over, then Jonathan texted Katie to ask for sure if they could come. In my humble opinion, adults should be more like kids.

Anyway, they are all excited and asking me when we can go. They are playing Mario Cart while they wait for me. The older girls are going on a camping trip to Rhode Island with the girls from church. Sonja is going to a sleepover tonight, Jonathan is staying with Abigail, which is in itself hilarious to me, they are 27 and 9, yet they get along like peas and carrots, as Forrest Gump would say. Anyway, Paul and I won't have too many kids left. Just Joseph and Aaron and Samuel, and the little princesses.

So yesterday I had what I would call a Successful Day. I walked, fast. I worked out. I ate well. Could have been better, but there were no sweets or ice cream. It felt good to be going to bed knowing I had no regrets.

One good day begets another, I hope. I already walked this morning, and ate a healthy breakfast. I do still eat oatmeal in the morning, but not every day, sometimes I have an egg or two. I have cut down on the quantity though. I eat it with blueberries, a teaspoon of crunchy peanutbutter, and some toasted almonds. I tried to scramble eggs with cinnamon and eat those with the blueberries, yuck!

So the girls want to go, I have lots to blab about, but now is not the time, according to them....

No comments: