summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

what a day....

Samuel James and I....

Suzanne and Sam and Kathryn....

Sam and Mirielle....

He's gone. He was in the Atlanta airport earlier, he texted me. If he is allowed a phone call when he arrives at Fort Benning, Mirielle will take the call, as she is nocturnal and doesn't work tonight. It was as hard to say goodbye as I thought it would be....but one thing that really struck me was this: after Samuel was sworn in, he stood so straight and tall. Now, I am one of those moms who always reminds her kids to stand up tall and not slouch. Sam never listened to me. But today, he stood tall and didn't slouch:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, it DOES sink in ;)
Treat yourself in any way you want to soften the blow. I feel for you.
Would I be able to email you, I have a question I'd rather not post.

16 blessings'mom said...

Simone, you can email me. dellamom16@yahoo.com

Thank you for your kind comments:)

Della