summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 1, 2014

saturday morning.....

Every once in a while, it's good to feel accomplished. For someone like me, it doesn't take much. This fine morning I woke up on the early side, took a shower and washed my hair just in case any of the other kids decide to climb a tree and fall on their arm. After a good workout, I peeked in on the girls...playing nicely. Paul had left for the dump then the gym, the older kids had left early for the basketball game at the Dome, the other kids were still sleeping. I swept the floors and washed counters and did up the dishes. Breakfast time: sauteed summer squash with red onions, bacon, sausage, eggs, coffee. I remembered my vitamin D, and a few other vitamins. I helped Camille decorate her Valentine's box for school.

So it has been a good day.

Paul and I are leaving for the Dome in a few hours to work at the concession stand for the basketball game. It is a big game for this area, more than 35 thousand people are expected, with broadcasts from ESPN.

Okay, the Hair Wash Thing: I don't like going out and about unless my hair is clean, my teeth are brushed, and I have clean clothes on. Neat. Maybe not beautiful or in the latest fashions, but neat and clean. I think having so many kids made me more self-conscious about it. When Sam was just a little kid, Mirielle threw a softball really hard and hit Sam in the face. He obviously needed to go to the emergency room, but....I really needed to wash my hair. I also had many small children, who had been outside playing...they needed some cleaning up too. Now, if it was a true emergency, I would have just gone. But Paul was going to be coming home from work soon. This was before cell phones, and when I called him at work, there was no answer, so I knew he was on his way home. He couldn't believe I made Sam wait. :)

Kathryn is making red velvet cupcakes. I hate her. It smells heavenly in here.

Paul is home now, oh it's nice.

Time to get ready to leave.....

No comments: