summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 31, 2014

monday, where have you gone?

Our backyard this afternoon...still a little bit of snow. It was 43 (6c), and Miss Camille wanted to go barefoot. Instead they dragged out a few big comforters and tons of dolls and played house in the little playhouses in the yard.

Jonathan and I were able to enjoy the sunshine a bit, even though it was still quite chilly. He rode his bike while I walked.

Going out to breakfast this morning with my friends was SO much fun. I do have to mention that the cinnamon raisin toast was out of this world, baked fresh by a place up in the next county. I didn't mean to eat both whole slices. We sat for too long and drank too much coffee, but oh we had a nice time.

After eating all that bread for breakfast, along with some scrambled eggs (I left the hashbrowns on the plate, so I wasn't too terrible)...I had a grapefruit, a few almonds, and a protein bar for lunch. Dinner: taco salad with no taco chips. This evening has been super challenging...I want chocolate! I finally had like ten chocolate chips and four almonds, then a few bites of a paleo pumpkin cookie, and now I am better, but oh that chocolate craving....I have so much Easter candy in my room, and it was calling my name!

Yeah, I get sick and tired of being plagued by wanting yummy stuff, but hey, I made through another day. Resist the devil and he will flee from you, right?

I am hoping to go visit Benjamin in Washington state at the end of April. If Emily can get that Friday off, we are good to go. I just have to see them, and that baby of theirs. My granddaughter. I simply can't wait.

And....lots of kids are up and about and I can't concentrate here....

No comments: