summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, March 13, 2014

The blizzard's over....

The sun is shining, but it is bitterly cold out there. 7 (-13) The school kids had a two hour delay this morning, which we knew about ahead of time, which means yes, I slept in a little. By "a little", I truly mean a little. Once I wake up in the morning, I can't go back to sleep.

Camille is still home from school. She was just wiped out again last evening, so we decided that she could use another day at home, so she doesn't go straight back and catch another thing. The doctor's office just called and informed me that she tested positive for group a strep, but the antibiotic she is on will probably cover it. If she continues to have a fever, I have to get a second type of medicine for her. I think keeping her home today was a good thing.

And, shh, I love it! She has tons of work to do, Charlotte Claire brought it home from her teacher for her. She is lying on the floor right now, on the rug, in front of the little heater, doing work. She is as happy as a bug on a rug, ha. I am giving her a spelling test right now. I add random words sometimes just to make it fun.

As Char was waiting for the bus this morning, she said, "I won't be a part of a giggly group when I get older." She was up when the five girls got on the bus....Margaret 17, (Kathryn 15 homeschools) Evelyn 14, Suzanne 13, and Sonja 11. My five girls in a row are pretty giggly, pretty "w"itchy, and pretty intense. But they are certainly fun. I am glad Char has Camille and Jonny to play with, but those teenagers of mine are luckier than they know, to have each other.

This morning my girls were complaining about a particular teacher and his rules. I told them that sometimes when people get old and ugly and miserable, they get jealous of the younger ones, so they do all they can to assert power over them and justify their own existence, which is to enforce rules. Ok, I do not exactly totally believe that, but they thought it was funny.





No comments: