summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

from the word go!


A day out with six of my daughters...I wasn't going to go to the library today because I had an appointment for Miss Sonja in the small city in the afternoon, and the library is in the other direction...but first I had to bring the minivan to town for an oil change, and a few other things...and Paul had a book ordered that he wanted...plus I had renewed our books the max amount, and really had to get them back...plus I wanted another book, and the girls wanted books...so off we went to the library.

Then...Target. I don't regret it, I got Jonathan three shirts and a pair of pants, a pair of jeans for me ($8!), and other various necessities, like folders and notebooks for school.

Home...for ten minutes...Evelyn decided to stay home with the little girls, but Kathryn and Suzanne went with Sonja and I. The appointment with the orthopedic doctor was inconclusive, as she has to get an MRI. The dr. was very sober and serious, he said he rarely sees such an injury in such a young girl, and hopes it's not a tear in the meniscus or a torn ACL, or possibly a hairline fracture of the patella. Sonja went into the exam room full of hope, half convinced it was nothing, and was getting better...but the doctor seemed to think it was pretty serious.

So. We wait, and encourage Sonja not to think the worst. She said she didn't WANT to have bad knees, she wants to play soccer, she wants to run. She almost started to cry. Well, I told her, lots of people have things wrong they don't WANT. We don't get to choose our trials. And, I told her, it doesn't help to get worried about what we don't know yet, but hey, if she wants to cry a little, she can cry. She's been through a lot in the last few days, with hobbling around on crutches and the pain.

So this week, more appointments, a concert (Zac Brown), then next week Ben and Ashley and Anya come. In between, just lounging around in the sunshine reading library books, ha.:)

2 comments:

Marilyn from Canada said...

Oh dear..........lets hope it isn't as bad as the doctor is saying it COULD be. I always think the worst too..........I will keep my fingers crossed too. It will be lovely to have your son, daughter in law and little granddaughter around again. Fun, fun, fun......

Marilyn from Canada

16 blessings'mom said...

The waiting part is hard...so long and drawn out, we just want answers, and we want them now, ha. And the dr. was very sober about it, not spouting off about what it could be, just mentioning a few things, but I thought I detected a sense of seriousness about the whole thing, like he kind of knew what he was seeing. He's rather old, and experienced. :( And yay for having my son visit!!