summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, July 31, 2016

who knew?

Who knew life could be so busy? I said "yes" to preparing three meals yesterday for about 130 people at church, there for a music practice day. Friday was spent procuring the food...four stores plus a farm stand.

Yesterday was slicing, dicing, marinating, measuring, baking, washing up, and doing it all over again. I sneaked in a little visit with my sister, whom I barely ever see anymore. And of course it wasn't all drudgery, ha. We make it fun! Mirielle took a Dunkin run with Evelyn, brought me back an iced coffee.


The veggies...:)

I never fit in a dip in the pool, the day went by too quickly. And unbeknownst to me, today is day # 2, and I am heading out the door to help with food again. I am not complaining though. I like keeping busy. I am thankful to have something good to do in life.

And this afternoon, I think a few of the older kids are coming over, and we are having chicken barbecue from a church in Gramma's town, thank you Gramma! It's a pleasant thought that I won't have to cook dinner, except for something on the side...ahh, it sounds nice.

But now, the teenagers are ready to go for their music practice!!!

No comments: