summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 4, 2017

a calm between the storms....

Sometimes life is calm and smooth, and I start to get suspicious of what's next, ha. It's a chilly morning here, the sun peeping out between the clouds, it's like we had all that teasing hot weather, then early spring weather came back. 41 degrees in January is balmy, in May it's cruel.

This fine afternoon we have a few dentist appointments, then we need to go to the store for a few things. The first half of the day will be for school though.

It was a nice afternoon with Miss Sonja Kathleen. Evelyn started texting me from school from her iPod, asking me to please pick her up. Out the window went my resolve to take only Sonja, and she didn't mind. Emily came along too...we started with coffees, yummers. Then we headed over to the far-away Target and the big nice Marshall's, as Emily described them, mimicking me from when they were little. I guess I did try to make everything fun and exciting.

I let Sonja pick out a few things for her birthday, and I found a new clock in Marshall's, which I didn't know I needed until I saw it. In Target I tried on a pair of jeans, and almost cried. I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall with weight loss, but at least I'm not gaining. And no, I didn't buy them.


Sonja got to choose where to eat, so we went to Five Guys. I got a burger with tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, grilled onions, green peppers, and light hot sauce, and a drink because I love those new machines with all the choices...diet lime Coke with a splash of 5 calorie lemonade, mmm. When our food came, of course my burger was wrong...and I couldn't eat it because I am Miss Pickypants, and it had yucky mustard on it. So I brought it back up, and nicely explained they got it wrong. No problem, they would bring me another out right away, and I could keep that one because they couldn't take it back over the counter. He said I could throw it away if I wanted. Well, of course I was bringing it home to Jonny!

Home...ah home. It's always nice to get home.

No comments: