summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 8, 2017

ah monday morning....

And winter came back! 30-something degrees out here in the boonies...brr. I didn't venture out for my walk this morning, but I will be certain to fit it in later. I love the morning coffee/quiet time so much, blah.

We went to the pool on Friday, why don't we do it more often? We have a membership, and the kids love it. They jump and dive right in to the 13 foot end, and the goggles from their Easter baskets work fine. I swam and moved for 50 minutes, and it felt great.

I walked on Saturday, and on Sunday. I know I need to step it up, when I was losing weight nicely and steadily, I would walk every day plus work out. The good news is that I have been behaving for the most part, and for the two weeks I have been serious, I have lost almost two and a half pounds. I know, that's dismal, when you restart, or start a weight loss thingy, it's usually a big loss at first, but remember, I am a little bit broken. But no, it's not going to get me down, no sir, I am just going to be thankful I am not gaining, and work on getting more healthy.

I don't mean to come off as being obsessed...I'm not. I am not dying to be a skinny woman. I just want to be healthy, feel good, do what I can to prevent the onset of diabetes/heart trouble, ect. I don't like huffing and puffing up hills. Now, I have a good friend, who is and always has been, very nicely thin. She can wear anything, and looks great. She had a bowl of jelly beans on her counter, and over the course of some days, ate most of them. I ate ONE jelly bean this season. One. It was so good, I had to mentally slap myself silly to keep from those yummy things. I made a triple batch of chocolate chip cookies for Sonja's birthday, even put some frosting and sprinkles on some, and had nary a taste. I made chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting for Jonathan's birthday, and again, nadda crumb. Because I know myself, I know that there will ALWAYS be special occasions, time when I can talk myself into just "having some". I did have six M&M's, ten Frito corn chips, and a few handfuls of cheese popcorn on Saturday night at our friend's place, but it was dinner. I had only a light brekky, and a very healthy dinner all day, knowing I was going there.


We went for a walk in the rain, we didn't melt!


Even in the rain, everything is so beautiful and green.

Anyway. The whole thing is a huge giant NO FAIR, but I'm alive, and I can't complain. Except that even living with Paul the Health Guru is hard sometimes...he did a 24 hour fast, and was like, "Wow, I'm not even hungry." He is in fantastic shape, but it's his thing, he loves to exercise. harrumph.

Me, if I had my druthers, I would sit around and be cozy.

Yes, we have kittens! Sorry all of you who believe in spaying and neutering, we usually do this too, but shh, the kids wanted more kittens...and we have a waiting list, not enough kittens for people who want them. And oh they are cute. But after this, Miss Kettler is getting spayed.

Anyway. The kids had a nice time in California. Last night, Kathryn and Evelyn and Suzanne and Sonja went to visit Mali and little Lydia. Abigail took Jonathan on his annual birthday outing, he got to choose a friend too. Our friend Erika took Miss Char and Miss Cam out and about with two other little girls. They had dinner, then went to Walmart and bought gifts for another family with four small children, just for fun, and visited them and played with the kids. They came in the door glowing with happiness.

So Paul grilled chicken, and just Joseph and Samuel and Paul and I had dinner here. (Margaret and Adrian had dinner at a friend's house, and Emily and Mirielle were working)

Samuel brought me some yummy coffee from San Francisco, dark roast breakfast blend with a hint of chocolate and berries. mmmm.

Benjamin is calling me from Washington state...bye for now!!!!

No comments: